Thank you Netflix. Patients need to see The Bleeding Edge documentary!

Now others can hear our story and get educated on what to look out for when visiting your doctor. If you need surgery, do research because your doctor might not even know the dangers of what they are using! Or maybe they don't care because they are making so much money from the medical device companies!!

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Damage control from what? Lol...procedures went up 16% last year and should go up another 15% this year. More and more specialties are making the da Vinci and robotic surgery the main focus of their practice. The ones who aren't? They get pushed out of business because patients want it. What are you even trying to say here? What are you against?

The documentary highlighted A LOT of bad things going on with the da Vinci.

Damage control from what? Lol...procedures went up 16% last year and should go up another 15% this year. More and more specialties are making the da Vinci and robotic surgery the main focus of their practice. The ones who aren't? They get pushed out of business because patients want it. What are you even trying to say here? What are you against?

I'll still see it the day it comes out. I'm sure it is highly innacurate to what we as reps see every day in surgery.

Yoy are really do damage control aren't you??

You were on CP and now medtechy saying the same old tired things.

I think the rhetoric in the movie is a rehash of the same old tired things...

The truth is spoken above. I would be very cautious watching a documentary like this and expect it to accurately share both sides of the discussion. Medical device companies have done wrong but a majority of the people working in the industry try to do right by the patient. I doubt this is portrayed in this film.

hidden recalls, product liability lawsuits, share holder lawsuits, insurance companies lawsuits.

278 deaths thousands and thousands injured.

Please take your marketing claims elsewhere. Been there done that.

No More!

No credible evidence that all of these deaths were caused by the device. Company is obligated to report adverse events when they find out about them, regardless of the cause. If you're going to make the allegations, please provide credible evidence to support your contentions

Mesh products have been known to do harm for years. It is the product. A surgical robot is a tool used in surgery. Nothing more. The adverse events are consistent with what you would find in traditional open surgery with similar instruments. In some studies, adverse events are less. Robotic surgery is the future and I can tell you Intuitive's number one concern is patient safety and improving outcomes.

The truth is spoken above. I would be very cautious watching a documentary like this and expect it to accurately share both sides of the discussion. Medical device companies have done wrong but a majority of the people working in the industry try to do right by the patient. I doubt this is portrayed in this film.

When is this documentary coming out?

It will be on Netflix in July.

hidden recalls, product liability lawsuits, share holder lawsuits, insurance companies lawsuits.

No More!

278 deaths over how many years and how many surgeries?

Then, how many deaths occurred during the same procedures with traditional instruments?

I bet the answer will make you disappointed.

Spoken like a real Intuitive rat! I hope you enjoy your freedoms cause your gonna to jail

No More!

Mesh products have been known to do harm for years. It is the product. A surgical robot is a tool used in surgery. Nothing more. The adverse events are consistent with what you would find in traditional open surgery with similar instruments. In some studies, adverse events are less. Robotic surgery is the future and I can tell you Intuitive's number one concern is patient safety and improving outcomes.

Spoken like a real Intuitive rat! I hope you enjoy your freedoms cause your gonna to jail

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.