Investing in Biotech Stocks

Investing in Biotech stocks can be a lot of fun but there is a lot of risk if you don't know what you are doing and do your due diligence for every stock that you own. You can see shares move 20-50% in a day if you aren't careful and paying attention to the catalysts and important data releases for the stocks you own.

I came across a great article that walks the reader through the first 90 days of the writer investing in biotech stocks. There are so many different types of biotech stocks that it is important to start with something you understand. In this case, it was Amarin who makes a type of fish oil drug that lowers triglycerides.

It's a good read if you are interested. Share your thoughts on how you learned the industry.

What I learned in my first 90 days investing in Biotech Stocks

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

This may seem weird but I've learned a lot following different biotech stocks on StockTwits. You have to sift through a bunch of noise but just watching the stocks go through the different parts of the biotech process has been valuable.

There are some very knowledgable people on there, and also some not very knowledgable ones. Twitter is also a great resource.

Who are the best follows on Twitter?

That article had some really good insight into how they decided what stocks to pick. Does anyone out there have any specific reading material such as books, websites or articles that focus on learning how to invest in biotech stocks? Ideally this would be a start from zero type of book.

This may seem weird but I've learned a lot following different biotech stocks on StockTwits. You have to sift through a bunch of noise but just watching the stocks go through the different parts of the biotech process has been valuable.

There are some very knowledgable people on there, and also some not very knowledgable ones. Twitter is also a great resource.

That article had some really good insight into how they decided what stocks to pick. Does anyone out there have any specific reading material such as books, websites or articles that focus on learning how to invest in biotech stocks? Ideally this would be a start from zero type of book.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.