Compass' Magic Mushroom Drug Clears Phase 1 Without Safety Issues

Biotech is getting wild and I mean that in a good way. Compass Pathways created a synthetic form of the active ingredient in magic mushrooms and just cleared an early-phase trial. The drug is COMP360 and made it through the placebo-controlled phase 1 trial without any safety issues. This is a positive as the company will continue testing the use in treatment-resistant depression.

According to the trial, there were no serious adverse events with most of them being psychedelic in nature.

The active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms is Psilocybin and has shown success in depression but they are a ways off from approval as more rigorous testing and trial will be needed.

What do you think? If you were suffering from depression, would you take an approved Magic Mushroom type drug if it was approved and efficacious?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

According to the trial, there were no serious adverse events with most of them being psychedelic in nature.

I'm sorry, but to me, a serious adverse event of a drug is if I start having psychedelic thoughts and start trippin'. This MagicMushroom better cure cancer for me to take it.

THIS IS AWESOME

I'm sorry, but to me, a serious adverse event of a drug is if I start having psychedelic thoughts and start trippin'. This MagicMushroom better cure cancer for me to take it.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.