Baker Brothers Advisors

It seems like those outside of the Pharmaceutical industry have never heard of the Baker Brothers but you should because it's a pretty sick story of two brothers who have become major players in the biotech industry. If you don't believe me, look at the article from Bloomberg that profiles the Baker brothers and their advisory firm.

Even if you don't care about their story or investment firm, they just raked in $1.4 Billion in the last two weeks. That alone should matter.

Also, any biotech investor worth their salt wants to know the company's they are invested in and their top holdings.

What are your thoughts on Baker Brothers and their role in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

I believe Baker Brothers reduced their AMRN position in the 4th quarter.

They still lost so much money on the patent ruling. All the way from the 20's to $4 today after they lost.

Yep, 41,544,288 which is their 5th largest holding as of November 2019.

I believe Baker Brothers reduced their AMRN position in the 4th quarter.

Are Baker Brothers still invested in AMRN after such a poor performance post label expansion?

Yep, 41,544,288 which is their 5th largest holding as of November 2019.

Here's the details of their Amarin position:

Are Baker Brothers still invested in AMRN after such a poor performance post label expansion?

Here's the details of their Amarin position:

Perceptive is a legendary biotech fund.

Who’s better: Baker Brothers or Perceptive?

The other big biotech hedge fund is Perceptive Advisors.

Perceptive is a legendary biotech fund.

And their biggest position, Amarin, could potentially add to their gains in a big way with AdCom next week and potential expanded Vascepa labeling in December. Makes me wonder what is their next big play?

Baker Brothers are about to make a killing on their Amarin stake. According to their most recent filing, they have over 41M at an estimated average price of $8.93. Doing the math makes me sick. I stand to make a lot after the expanded labeling and buyout longterm but nothing like the money they are going to make. Very impressive set of investors.

Amarin Receives FDA Approval for Expanded Labeling

Sorry....can't get over the fact that they made $1.4 billion in two weeks with their investment in biotech companies.

The other big biotech hedge fund is Perceptive Advisors.

What are some of Baker Brothers' most recent positions? I don't want to chase something they purchase years ago.

Whalewisdom has good info and is current -

What are some of Baker Brothers' most recent positions? I don't want to chase something they purchase years ago.

And their biggest position, Amarin, could potentially add to their gains in a big way with AdCom next week and potential expanded Vascepa labeling in December. Makes me wonder what is their next big play?

Where can you find a list of their positions?

Sorry....can't get over the fact that they made $1.4 billion in two weeks with their investment in biotech companies.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.