Are you Sandbagging Sales at the End of the Year?

It's the question asked amongst sales reps at the end of every month and definitely at the end of the year. Should you sandbag sales or do what your manager is asking and put the orders in to help your team and the company?

Debate.

Should You Sandbag Sales at the End of the Year?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

agree. Look out for yourself.

I am dropping orders worth 40% of my monthly quota this week that I've been holding since the last week of December. I will hit my January number by the end of the week and would expect to be at almost 45% of my quarterly number by the end of the month. Sandbagging is the way to go!

I’ve made this mistake so many times in my career, doing what’s best for the company only to get screwed the next year on my quota. I’m here to tell you newbies in medical device sales, hold the orders until the following year. Your manager will be annoyed for a week and then you’ll look like a hero January and give yourself a nice cushion for the first quarter. I started doing this and have made President’s Club 3 of the last 4 years. Take my advice.

agree. Look out for yourself.

I’ve made this mistake so many times in my career, doing what’s best for the company only to get screwed the next year on my quota. I’m here to tell you newbies in medical device sales, hold the orders until the following year. Your manager will be annoyed for a week and then you’ll look like a hero January and give yourself a nice cushion for the first quarter. I started doing this and have made President’s Club 3 of the last 4 years. Take my advice.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.