Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs

I've been working at ADP and I would like to make the jump into Pharmaceutical sales and don't know the best approach to get into the Pharmaceutical industry as a sales rep.

First, is there a specific specialty I should be focused on finding my first job in or just take the best job I can get? Should I try to focus on general Pharmaceutical Sales or something more in the specialty role like Biotech?

Once I figure this out, should I reach out to a recruiter before applying to jobs via LinkedIn and company websites, or just work with a recruiter from the start? I don't want to hurt my chances going directly to a company in case I can't get an interview with them.

If a recruiter is the best bet, what recruiter would be the best to start the process with?

Are there any other tips you all can recommend as the best way to find a job in Pharmaceutical Sales. Additionally, are there other sites or places to look to find Pharmaceutical sales jobs?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

A good start would be to search for Pharmaceutical Sales Recruiters on LinkedIn and then reach out.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.