Are Tesla’s good cars for sales reps?

I’m seriously considering getting a Tesla Model 3 or a used X to use as my primary car for my sales job. My territory covers accounts within three hours from the house and I get $500 per month for my car allowance.

Are there any reps out there who have a Tesla and use it for work purposes? For one, my gas bill will go down.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Tough call. I think the Model 3 is less flashy and wouldn't be considered as flashy as the Model S. I get your point though. From a different perspective, I think it is less flashy than a BMW (lots of reps drive them) and less expensive than a Yukon. You don't have to pay for gas either. Plus, how often do customers see your car?

The Tesla pickup truck sounds awesome and would be a great vehicle for sales reps.

Get the Model X. More room for sexing the nurses

Best reason for owning a Tesla yet.

Are you driving customers around in your car? I don't think many people will even see you in it.

Get the Model X. More room for sexing the nurses

I have considered this as well. My objection is the perception it leaves in your customer's eyes. In my town, Tesla's are still only driven by the wealthy. It will eventually get more mainstream, but it's where we are at this point. Does it make you look too flashy? Something to think about..

Are you driving customers around in your car? I don't think many people will even see you in it.

I have considered this as well. My objection is the perception it leaves in your customer's eyes. In my town, Tesla's are still only driven by the wealthy. It will eventually get more mainstream, but it's where we are at this point. Does it make you look too flashy? Something to think about..

Tough call. I think the Model 3 is less flashy and wouldn't be considered as flashy as the Model S. I get your point though. From a different perspective, I think it is less flashy than a BMW (lots of reps drive them) and less expensive than a Yukon. You don't have to pay for gas either. Plus, how often do customers see your car?

I think getting a Model 3 for work as a sales rep is a great idea as long as you don't have to drive too far in your territory. If you do overnights it is also a pain because your hotel will have to have a charging station. Many do now but some of the more remote hotels do not. I'm also interested in other reps experiences with this.

This new feature may change my mind. I can work on my laptop on the way to my next meeting or surgery!!

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.