Has anyone heard of WRB Capital paying hospital reps for making introductions?

I have a friend in CV sales and he was recently told by a friend about a company that pays hospital reps for making introductions to the office staff. He said he only has to give a 2 minute presentation and for any deal closed he gets a fee, potentially big fee depending on size of the hospital. He said its unrelated to medical sales, instead involves revenue management of hospitals. Anyone heard of this or been approached?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Call went very well today.

Here is what I have gathered:

Appears all legit. Bottom line - This company wants introduction/access to the business office of the hospitals - especially the people who manage AR, ideally a CFO. Physician owned hospitals are primary targets for the obvious reasons, less red tape. The pitch is healthcare debt management and revenue extension. Reps get paid in 2 ways, either a introduction or a pitch that leads to a transaction, the ladder pays more. Apparently its a 3-5 minute pitch and if there is interest the rep would hand it back to WRB to finalize deal and rep would get a fee. According to Bryan with WRB, the debt numbers with each hospital are so high that any single deal closed could result in a big commission, 6 figures in many cases, all depending on amount of medical debt. He also mentioned that another independent rep started the process with a medium size hospital group that has 157 million dollars in medical debt annually. The reps commission on a deal that size would be approx $2million dollars he said, although these deals apparently can take several months.

Moving forward the job (on the side of my other job :)) would be to schmooze office staff, find out who manages AR and approximately how much medical debt they generate annually, then give a quick intro/overview and generate interest.

Gonna start tomorrow, will post progress

Getting a progress update would be helpful. The commission seems unrealistic but sometimes a once in a lifetime opportunity comes around. I am interested as long as it is legal.

Applied for a Dallas position, had 2 phone interviews but bottom line haven't been in med sales long enough, comp sounded ridiculous though. Will try again in 6 months

"ridiculous comp" - what were they quoting?

Applied for a Dallas position, had 2 phone interviews but bottom line haven't been in med sales long enough, comp sounded ridiculous though. Will try again in 6 months

If anyone gets any additional info about how commission is paid and avg amount, please post. I am ready to transition out of current situation

If anyone gets any additional info about the average commission income potential, how often it's paid etc, please post. Ready to transition out of current situation.

Appears all legit. Bottom line - This company wants introduction/access to the business office of the hospitals - especially the people who manage AR, ideally a CFO. Physician owned hospitals are primary targets for the obvious reasons, less red tape. The pitch is healthcare debt management and revenue extension. Reps get paid in 2 ways, either a introduction or a pitch that leads to a transaction, the ladder pays more. Apparently its a 3-5 minute pitch and if there is interest the rep would hand it back to WRB to finalize deal and rep would get a fee. According to Bryan with WRB, the debt numbers with each hospital are so high that any single deal closed could result in a big commission, 6 figures in many cases, all depending on amount of medical debt. He also mentioned that another independent rep started the process with a medium size hospital group that has 157 million dollars in medical debt annually. The reps commission on a deal that size would be approx $2million dollars he said, although these deals apparently can take several months.

Moving forward the job (on the side of my other job :)) would be to schmooze office staff, find out who manages AR and approximately how much medical debt they generate annually, then give a quick intro/overview and generate interest.

Wow, a $2 million commission? Did he give you an idea of what the average commission would be like on a deal so I can get a sense of what I could make in a year?

Here is the contact email – info@wrbcapital.com. I reached out myself. Send attention to Bryan, he is who sent me info. Comp looks great

I reached out to Bryan with WRB a couple of days ago. This is a local Tulsa, OK company and they seem to really be on to something different. They did ask me to sign a non-compete but pretty standard stuff there and I had no issue with it. I gather they are a young company and need access to the right connections and the right introductions and this could be a huge win fall for all parties involved. I will update as I move forward and learn more but great guys, hungry and energetic and looking to help the hospital and make some money in the process.

It does sound like a good opportunity as long as your current company doesn't find out that you're doing this on the side. Have you figured out how much you could make in a year doing this? I get the sense that once you sell the service to a hospital, it's done therefore limiting it to the hospitals in your city or territory?

Very similar info to what my friend has said. Almost sounds like a scam but will find out on call I got with company tomorrow.

Would like to hear how it goes.

Very similar info to what my friend has said. Almost sounds like a scam but will find out on call I got with company tomorrow.

I heard something about this a couple of months ago. I have a friend that is in Administration at a local hospital and he had been approached by them about making introductions and that he would receive a % of what the final results were. I will follow up with him and see if he worked with them or what the full story was.

Additional information from my administrator friend. He said they paid him 25% of the net proceeds for the transition, worked out to $8700 dollars in his case. Basically they deal with the CFO and accounting side of the hospital and helping manage bad debt. He did not have a lot of info. on what they do but said he received many thanks from his CFO and a check from WRB. He is now working on a second deal with a medical practice but they are just getting started. I am going to reach out to them also.

Yes I would like the contact info if possible. The opportunity sounds like a deal that I can do on the side and not get caught by my current company.

Here is the contact email – info@wrbcapital.com. I reached out myself. Send attention to Bryan, he is who sent me info. Comp looks great

It's my understanding the company works with hospitals and clinics to help manage the medical debt and generate new income for them. My friend only talked to them a week ago but apparently the pay back can be significant because they pay commissions on the deals closed which I guess are big with medical debt. My friend sent me the guys email contact to get more info. I'll try to find info later and send it to you if you want?

Yes I would like the contact info if possible. The opportunity sounds like a deal that I can do on the side and not get caught by my current company.

Never heard of them or been approached. Do you know what they are selling or have a link to their website? How much was your friend paid?

I heard something about this a couple of months ago. I have a friend that is in Administration at a local hospital and he had been approached by them about making introductions and that he would receive a % of what the final results were. I will follow up with him and see if he worked with them or what the full story was.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.