How can I get someone fired?

I already hate myself for this but I can't trust my counterpart across town. He is unreliable and hasn't shown up to cases he agreed to cover twice now. The problem is his wife is pregnant so he pulls that card when I ask him what happened. I let him know I am disappointed and he cost us cases but all he does is apologize. WTF!

I could go to my manager but then this guy would know where it comes from. Not that easy when you live in the same town. I need to plan a strategy before I go to my manager. I already know the manager isn't thrilled with him but they are friends outside of work so it makes everything harder. I may need to go to hr.

I read some suggestions on Wikipedia, inc. magazine and even cafepharma but most of them were worthless because the situations are so different.

It's a long shot but I am wondering if there are any suggestions on what to do? I'm open to being creative because of the unique situation.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Why would you want anyone to get fired from their job, let alone getting on a message board and asking how to get someone fired?

It's ok to get them fired if they're a backstabber imo.

Why would you want anyone to get fired from their job, let alone getting on a message board and asking how to get someone fired?

Retired Abbott Labs Global HR here ....Did this team member exhibit this irresponsible type of behavior before spouse was knocked up ? Does his actions affect any plan bonus that has a direct impact on your own bottom line ? Your manager is the one at fault and any waves made reflect on him. Do you trust your manager ? Advice-- HR and any Ethics comitte hot line (HR in disguise) WILL divulge your info to manager and confidentiality WONT be enforced. This isn't a compliance or discrimination matter so HR would be LESS prone to put target on your back. NEVER trust HR and take what they say as a possible lie.Try to work it out with manage, as he doesn't want HR involved if not neccacary. Get some Ammo ....Next time this counterpart F""Ks up confront them and have hidden IPhone on video/audio mode....capture their confession....DONT tell manager or HR you have evidence....this is your ace in the hole....My advice would be to confront this slacker and express your discontent and solve it between yourselves. If this continues them confront manager and hint about getting HR involved ...See how he reacts and judge for yourself if you need to go to higher level ...Does manager personally know or protect this dude ? Medtechy asked me to come to this board and answer your question. I'm more familiar with Pharma end and not device company's which are a whole different model....Advice is still the same

HR

Thanks

Just man up and go to your manager. If this guys ineptitude impacts sales for you he is probably screwing up in his territory and then your manager is affected because his numbers suffer.

When his job is on the line his relationship with your counterwon't matter.

Exactly. Say something and stop being a *****.

Show Language

I think I know who you are talking about. It sucks the vp approved the hire. The guy isn't talented but his friend needed a job. The boys club is alive and well at SNN.

No different than other device companies.

I think I know who you are talking about. It sucks the vp approved the hire. The guy isn't talented but his friend needed a job. The boys club is alive and well at SNN.

The credo hotline does NOT protect the employees.

Agree

The easiest way to get your wish is to drop two of these in his drink before a big meeting or presentation.

Incorrect statement.

What, this article didn't help you out?

That looks just like the guy.

Good explanation on why it doesn't.

That's interesting to know. I work at one of their competitors and their credo hotline (J&J) supposedly keeps your information private. I've never called them but I do not think they ask for your name when you call.

Just man up and go to your manager. If this guys ineptitude impacts sales for you he is probably screwing up in his territory and then your manager is affected because his numbers suffer.

When his job is on the line his relationship with your counterwon't matter.

Retired Abbott Labs Global HR here ....Did this team member exhibit this irresponsible type of behavior before spouse was knocked up ? Does his actions affect any plan bonus that has a direct impact on your own bottom line ? Your manager is the one at fault and any waves made reflect on him. Do you trust your manager ? Advice-- HR and any Ethics comitte hot line (HR in disguise) WILL divulge your info to manager and confidentiality WONT be enforced. This isn't a compliance or discrimination matter so HR would be LESS prone to put target on your back. NEVER trust HR and take what they say as a possible lie.Try to work it out with manage, as he doesn't want HR involved if not neccacary. Get some Ammo ....Next time this counterpart F""Ks up confront them and have hidden IPhone on video/audio mode....capture their confession....DONT tell manager or HR you have evidence....this is your ace in the hole....My advice would be to confront this slacker and express your discontent and solve it between yourselves. If this continues them confront manager and hint about getting HR involved ...See how he reacts and judge for yourself if you need to go to higher level ...Does manager personally know or protect this dude ? Medtechy asked me to come to this board and answer your question. I'm more familiar with Pharma end and not device company's which are a whole different model....Advice is still the same

HR

That's interesting to know. I work at one of their competitors and their credo hotline (J&J) supposedly keeps your information private. I've never called them but I do not think they ask for your name when you call.

Next time you have a team meeting, drop a Melatonin in his drink while you're at the bar. He'll show up 2 hours late to the meeting the next day and will be in no condition to contribute.

Sneak into your manager's hotel room and drop a topper in his toilet and leave the guys business card on the floor to make it look like he accidentally left it there.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.