Working at Valeant Pharmaceuticals

I feel the need to share a real life review of what it's like working at Valeant. Without mincing words, Valeant is the worst place I have worked in pharma. I have worked at both big and small companies, and regardless of size, the executives at my previous employers worked hard at creating a culture and pretending they cared about the employees.

I came to Valeant through the purchase of the last company I worked for which happened to be a smaller company from pharma standards. Valeant almost immediately removed the "Mom & Pop" culture that was established at the company before being bought by Valeant.

I tried looking past this and giving them a chance. In the beginning, bonuses were great and the benefits were equivalent to the other companies I've worked for.

Everything changed though when there were changes to our specialty pharmacy and the stock price went lower. I don't know if these changes came from the old CEO or the investor named Bill Ackman but the culture went from caring about patients to caring about anything besides profits. They raised the price of drugs to the point where patients couldn't afford them anymore.

I want others to know and be aware that Valeant will ruin the company you work for if they buy it. Run fast and find yourself another job because they will lay you off once sales and the stock go down.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Are the rumors of over 50 reps leaving for Synergy true?

The best part of working for a Valeant company is knowing your customers now hate who you work for and start treating you as such.

I disagree. Most customers realize the sales reps have little to do with decisions at any pharma company, let alone a crazy company like Valeant.

Don't forget the price increases and the constant negative media attention. Don't think for a minute doctors don't pay attention to it.

The best part of working for a Valeant company is knowing your customers now hate who you work for and start treating you as such.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.