The Slow Death of Synthes

Tenured reps leaving for Globus being offered huge sums of money 500k to 700k guaranteed -- Do they even have distribution yet??

We are stuck with a measly 9% - 10% base with no expectation of an increase.

Growth is literally non-existent. Tops 2% but when you factor it operationally -- flat.

No product pipeline.

But don't forget our pension! Best in the business!!

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Two quarters of negative spine growth will do that to you.

No wonder all the top talent is leaving.

But maybe they don't care about lowered commissions and a reduced headcount. Not sure how else you would explain being totally cool with reduced sales from the division.

This post from cafepharma sums up the mood perfectly:

I am currently a rep for Depuy/Synthes and I cannot wait to leave this horrible company. I loved my job when it was Synthes but hate it now that it is Depuy/Synthes. I have given my life to this company and they thank us by lowering our income and destroying our moral.

They have lowered our commission and we all know they are going to lower it again. They have decided to hire quintiles reps and forcing us to pay for them. At first their salaries were going to be paid by the company but now we have to pay the 60k. We pay them by taking a commission deduction that is supposed to equate to their 60k salary. The problem with this philosophy is that if I have a great year and have growth above the 60k that I am paying for the quintiles rep that extra money is given back to J&J for the "quintiles pool". WTF is the logic behind that? If for some reason we have an off year I have not been told if I have to write a check to offset the 60K. I have a quintiles rep that is a complete joke. No medical experience and I was told they cannot work after 5 or on weekends. Good thing we never work weekends or nights. Oh wait, we do. If I need them to run a set for me at those times I have to pay them additionally out of my own pocket....

Now we are supposed to sell Exparel to our recon surgeons. They have increased the cost to a $1000 and we have had to take hours upon hours of training for a product the pharmacies can compound for $200. Thanks again.

The final kick in the balls is the Mitek push into the sports med arena. I just got back from a weeks training and now I am supposed to go against Arthrex and Stryker for meniscal repair business again taking time away from my trauma sales.

My largest hospital was on a small discount for years and my manager felt the pressure of a possible RFP and agreed to a 42% discount. Thanks again. I guess when you never have to cover a case those decisions are easy to make. When I do not make quota I am sure my asshole manager is going to ask what happened? Probably put me on the CAP program or add another quintiles rep.....

ALL of my friends hate their jobs and are holding on until they find something else.. I hope some of you are not feeling the same way as we are. I have to go do a TFNA that I only make $200 for working. Maybe my quintiles rep will be able to make it so I can teach him what a femur is...

Signed,

Disgruntled

Two quarters of negative spine growth will do that to you.

Your pension will be peanuts. You're better off taking the big money from Globus and saving it for two years.

This post from cafepharma sums up the mood perfectly:

I am currently a rep for Depuy/Synthes and I cannot wait to leave this horrible company. I loved my job when it was Synthes but hate it now that it is Depuy/Synthes. I have given my life to this company and they thank us by lowering our income and destroying our moral.

They have lowered our commission and we all know they are going to lower it again. They have decided to hire quintiles reps and forcing us to pay for them. At first their salaries were going to be paid by the company but now we have to pay the 60k. We pay them by taking a commission deduction that is supposed to equate to their 60k salary. The problem with this philosophy is that if I have a great year and have growth above the 60k that I am paying for the quintiles rep that extra money is given back to J&J for the "quintiles pool". WTF is the logic behind that? If for some reason we have an off year I have not been told if I have to write a check to offset the 60K. I have a quintiles rep that is a complete joke. No medical experience and I was told they cannot work after 5 or on weekends. Good thing we never work weekends or nights. Oh wait, we do. If I need them to run a set for me at those times I have to pay them additionally out of my own pocket....

Now we are supposed to sell Exparel to our recon surgeons. They have increased the cost to a $1000 and we have had to take hours upon hours of training for a product the pharmacies can compound for $200. Thanks again.

The final kick in the balls is the Mitek push into the sports med arena. I just got back from a weeks training and now I am supposed to go against Arthrex and Stryker for meniscal repair business again taking time away from my trauma sales.

My largest hospital was on a small discount for years and my manager felt the pressure of a possible RFP and agreed to a 42% discount. Thanks again. I guess when you never have to cover a case those decisions are easy to make. When I do not make quota I am sure my asshole manager is going to ask what happened? Probably put me on the CAP program or add another quintiles rep.....

ALL of my friends hate their jobs and are holding on until they find something else.. I hope some of you are not feeling the same way as we are. I have to go do a TFNA that I only make $200 for working. Maybe my quintiles rep will be able to make it so I can teach him what a femur is...

Signed,

Disgruntled

Your pension will be peanuts. You're better off taking the big money from Globus and saving it for two years.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.