Stryker Drug Testing Policy

Do any of you know what Stryker's policies are in states that have legalized marijuana? This may sound like a joke but it is a question that is confusing with the new state laws and many of the home offices based in states who may not follow the same state laws.

If you happen to live in Colorado would they let a positive test pass since it is legal?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

I don't know if there are any Canadian Stryker employees on here but I would like to know how Stryker is handling their drug testing policy for Canada now that marijuana is legalised in our country?

The pre-employment screen is what I am looking to know about.

I do not live in Canada but do live in a state where marijuana is legal and work for Stryker. There have been no official announcements (as expected) in my division about marijuana use. Stryker is a private employer so they can do what they want. This isn't right in my opinion but they do it anyway. Stryker and other companies are going to have to get their head out of the sand soon or there will be lawsuits if marijuana use is used as a reason for firings. The other issue is that hospitals still test for drugs (including marijuana) so if you test for it, they could prevent you from coming into their facility.

The end result could be like what happened to this guy who used medical marijuana to ease the pain of his cancer treatments. He tested positive and his employer suspended him. Not a good look for the employer. Employers need to realize that marijuana is legal is several states now and medical marijuana is legal in many more than that.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-cancer-alleged...

I don't know if there are any Canadian Stryker employees on here but I would like to know how Stryker is handling their drug testing policy for Canada now that marijuana is legalised in our country?

The pre-employment screen is what I am looking to know about.

Since Stryker does not give sales reps cars do they still do a a full driving record search?

Isn't the simple solution to stop smoking or doing edibles for a month prior to your drug test? If you are a moderate smoker, you should be able to get it all out of your system within 30 days. If you only do edibles then it should only take around 15 days tops to get it out.

Want to be safe, do your own drug test at home before you go in so you know you are safe. This way you can always cancel and give yourself more time if you fail your at home test.

More than anything, this whole thing is stupid. Every adult with kids that I know smokes weed. It's literally crazy how many adults smoke or do edibles these days. It should be legal and HR departments should look past Marijuana.

I don't understand why you need to use illegal drugs. All I need is a Xanax and a beer and I'm good.

Isn't the simple solution to stop smoking or doing edibles for a month prior to your drug test? If you are a moderate smoker, you should be able to get it all out of your system within 30 days. If you only do edibles then it should only take around 15 days tops to get it out.

Want to be safe, do your own drug test at home before you go in so you know you are safe. This way you can always cancel and give yourself more time if you fail your at home test.

More than anything, this whole thing is stupid. Every adult with kids that I know smokes weed. It's literally crazy how many adults smoke or do edibles these days. It should be legal and HR departments should look past Marijuana.

the fact that you are comparing using a needle or pills to smoking pot is pathetic and laughable.

It is laughable but they are the same in corporate America.

The fact that prospective employees, and let's be honest, current Stryker reps, have to ask about the drug testing policy is incredibly fitting. Lay down the pipe, needle or pills and worry about getting the job and keeping the job. There are more important things in this world than juicing up or smoking weed.

the fact that you are comparing using a needle or pills to smoking pot is pathetic and laughable.

The fact that prospective employees, and let's be honest, current Stryker reps, have to ask about the drug testing policy is incredibly fitting. Lay down the pipe, needle or pills and worry about getting the job and keeping the job. There are more important things in this world than juicing up or smoking weed.

Laying down pipe is what I do best. Give me a perc and some Molly and I'll beat it up all night

They should have to pass an IQ test. But then again that would eliminate most of the salesforce.

You should not be working here if you can't pass a drug test. Sorry.

They should have to pass an IQ test. But then again that would eliminate most of the salesforce.

On a more serious note, Stryker employees in Ireland are being randomly drug tested. I'll never understand the need for an adult to do more than a bit of weed but they do test for it so watch out. The random testing could start happening elsewhere and I wouldn't want someone going down for something so dumb.

You should not be working here if you can't pass a drug test. Sorry.

So lay off the poppy seeds and creatine for a month.

On a more serious note, Stryker employees in Ireland are being randomly drug tested. I'll never understand the need for an adult to do more than a bit of weed but they do test for it so watch out. The random testing could start happening elsewhere and I wouldn't want someone going down for something so dumb.

One of my accounts through reptrax has reps get a drug test once per year and will not accept the standard letter from my company. It is a big hassle.

So lay off the poppy seeds and creatine for a month.

I've never had a vendor credentialing company tell me to get a urine test. They accept a letter from the company saying you past. At most they will make you get one done once a year.

One of my accounts through reptrax has reps get a drug test once per year and will not accept the standard letter from my company. It is a big hassle.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.