Stryker Gallup Interview and Questions

Any suggestions for the Gallup interview?

I appreciate the help!

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

There is nothing complicated! I found a great useful article on the Internet about gallup interview questions stryker . Here you can read everything that needs to be observed in the interview, and most importantly, you can prepare well for the most unexpected and tricky questions. Mr simon is a good website for people to find work. The main thing is that it is free.

Dress and act like you want the job. Be prepared for a lot of redundant questions on how and when you have been successful..

Oh, the Gallup interview is a real problem for me.

get to know jack jieafa ,Kim Briggs Jieafa,Richard levitt,Miriam Palma,Alyssa Kurtz

Garantined an in

If that doesn’t work contact Charles Thomas Gallagher lll he gets jobs for you

Do they administer the Gallup test for Stryker?

For those interested in breaking into medical device sales, here is a good article describing some of the steps to getting into the industry. If Stryker doesn't work out there are always alternative paths.

Getting into Medical Device Sales

get to know jack jieafa ,Kim Briggs Jieafa,Richard levitt,Miriam Palma,Alyssa Kurtz

Garantined an in

If that doesn’t work contact Charles Thomas Gallagher lll he gets jobs for you

I recently had the Gallup interview about a week ago (passed). Honestly asking for the questions and getting them will not help you prepare.

It is basically rapid fire Yes/No questions, or on a scale 1 to 5 how do you rate yourself on honesty (just a random example, didn’t get asked this). Then they ask you to elaborate with examples on a very small amount. The only suggestion I have to prepare is to have a few examples from past jobs / experiences of successes, challenges etc. so they are fresh in your mind. Having the questions will not help you pass though. Just answer honestly and if you are a fit then you will pass. Also they ask the questions in a way that will filter out the bullshitters (so just be honest to see if you are actually a fit).

The point of the test is to see if you will fit into the culture and if you have the right personality for the job / team. If you don’t pass, it doesn’t mean you are not skilled in the field, it just means that Stryker is not the right environment for you. Remember this isn’t as much of a skills test, it’s really more of a personality test. It sucks to be rejected yes... but really if you don’t pass be happy you didn’t end up in a job where you would be miserable, and would prob end up leaving before long.

Every company has its distinct culture, and you will find the one that is right for you.

I've read back a few months here and see some very good points. I was with Stryker for 15 years (12 in Mgmt) throughout various divisions and have taken the test 5 times, as different divisions require a test, as well as an additional test for entry into management. Talent selection is paramount to the organization, and although the test may seem archaic, it's actually been routinely updated over the past 25 years or so since it's been in place....they continue to assess their top performers - how they respond to questions, etc., and tweak the test.

Hiring is a pain to any manager, so the Gallup is a frustrating tool, as I've seen plenty of solid candidates unable to proceed as a result. This point drove me to spend time with the Gallup team, read their books, etc., so I could get back wasted time moving forward. It's true that being yourself is important, but access to questions would most certainly be an asset. Being in the right mindset is key, which the questions position you for, but having examples prepared to a multitude of scenarios is also key. The answers to most questions are obvious, but the example or reason provided as backup are what counts.

Yes or no questions are a part, but most of them are followed by 'give me an example....'. Manager's have plenty of material, questions, best answers, how each section is scored, etc., as well as each candidates profile. The sections scored are: Influence, Motivation, Work Style, Thought Process, Relationship, Command and Courage. They each have a score, which combined produces the overall score.

Due to research and the info provided as a manager, tests 2-5 for me were consistent and off the charts high. The one rule they point out at the onset is that hesitation, uh’s, etc. count against you, but you can ask to repeat the question. I recorded my last test and, after listening to it, I confirmed that I wouldn’t have changed anything, as well ran across a time where I asked to repeat the question 4 times to give me time to think about it.

I know many successful device reps who bombed the Gallup, all of whom I’m confident wouldn’t have had they spoke with me beforehand. Questions, insight and preparation! At the very least, my advice would be to check out Gallup’s site to get a glimpse into the language, as well as take Clifton’s strength finder.

Hope this helps someone out there

I recently had the Gallup interview about a week ago (passed). Honestly asking for the questions and getting them will not help you prepare.

It is basically rapid fire Yes/No questions, or on a scale 1 to 5 how do you rate yourself on honesty (just a random example, didn’t get asked this). Then they ask you to elaborate with examples on a very small amount. The only suggestion I have to prepare is to have a few examples from past jobs / experiences of successes, challenges etc. so they are fresh in your mind. Having the questions will not help you pass though. Just answer honestly and if you are a fit then you will pass. Also they ask the questions in a way that will filter out the bullshitters (so just be honest to see if you are actually a fit).

The point of the test is to see if you will fit into the culture and if you have the right personality for the job / team. If you don’t pass, it doesn’t mean you are not skilled in the field, it just means that Stryker is not the right environment for you. Remember this isn’t as much of a skills test, it’s really more of a personality test. It sucks to be rejected yes... but really if you don’t pass be happy you didn’t end up in a job where you would be miserable, and would prob end up leaving before long.

Every company has its distinct culture, and you will find the one that is right for you.

All these a good points but seriously please don't try and fake your way through the gallup test. Stryker is looking for a certain type of individual and if you aren't that person, you would be better off finding a job at a company where you are a better fit. Stryker is a certain type of fraternity. Medtronic, or another company, is their own fraternity with a completely separate set of values. St. Jude has theirs. And on and on and on.

It's not worth being in a job where you aren't going to like it and you don't fit in. Be yourself and answer the Gallup questions honestly. You will be happier. If you aren't the right fit, move on until you find a company with the right culture fit for you.

For those interested in breaking into medical device sales, here is a good article describing some of the steps to getting into the industry. If Stryker doesn't work out there are always alternative paths.

Getting into Medical Device Sales

I'm more interested at why Stryker still uses this archaic test?

It works, that's why.

Hi, I am also taking the test this week. Did anyone get any luck with the questions?

I'm more interested at why Stryker still uses this archaic test?

I'm taking the Gallup this week for Stryker and would like to get a sense of the questions and if they are similar to the sample questions on this site and others? For those who have taken the test recently, could you possibly share examples of what those questions were like?

Hi, I am also taking the test this week. Did anyone get any luck with the questions?

I'm taking the Gallup this week for Stryker and would like to get a sense of the questions and if they are similar to the sample questions on this site and others? For those who have taken the test recently, could you possibly share examples of what those questions were like?

Stryker still uses this archaic test? I hated every minute of it and thought they would have evolved their hiring process in the last 20 years.

Can anyone please let me know how soon you typically hear back from Stryker after taking the Gallup test?

All these a good points but seriously please don't try and fake your way through the gallup test. Stryker is looking for a certain type of individual and if you aren't that person, you would be better off finding a job at a company where you are a better fit. Stryker is a certain type of fraternity. Medtronic, or another company, is their own fraternity with a completely separate set of values. St. Jude has theirs. And on and on and on.

It's not worth being in a job where you aren't going to like it and you don't fit in. Be yourself and answer the Gallup questions honestly. You will be happier. If you aren't the right fit, move on until you find a company with the right culture fit for you.

Stryker still uses this archaic test? I hated every minute of it and thought they would have evolved their hiring process in the last 20 years.

Do you have any tips for the Stryker video interview? I have one later this week. Thank you in advance!!

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.