Mako Total Knee

They are finally figuring out this Mako integration has been a mess?

Trainwreck from day 1 and not improving.

Stryker: Mako sales not as strong as we hoped | OrthoSpineNews

October 17, 2014 by Brian Johnson Stryker says Mako Surgical's sales are not as strong as hoped for when the orthopedics giant spent $1.7 billion on

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Who cares how they were purchased? The fact is procedure volume increased 80% year over year in the U.S. to 24,000 last quarter. In 2018 we only did 45,000 in the whole year.

Now I wasn't a math major but we should be able to do more in two quarters than we did in all of 2018.

I think people should care how they were purchased because if they are sitting around not being used then what is the point of having them at a ASC or hospital? Also, if the hospital or ASC doesn't have skin in the game, then they are much more likely to let a competitor come in and drop off their system or purchase one from them.

Sadly for them, I think the answer is none of them were purchased. It was all part of their plan. Zimmer is #1 by a wide margin and they wanted to get as many systems installed before Rosa hit the market. Stryker has a lot of installs but most of them are sitting in a closet.

Who cares how they were purchased? The fact is procedure volume increased 80% year over year in the U.S. to 24,000 last quarter. In 2018 we only did 45,000 in the whole year.

Now I wasn't a math major but we should be able to do more in two quarters than we did in all of 2018.

Of your 642 Mako installs, how many were actually paid for and not just dropped off?

Sadly for them, I think the answer is none of them were purchased. It was all part of their plan. Zimmer is #1 by a wide margin and they wanted to get as many systems installed before Rosa hit the market. Stryker has a lot of installs but most of them are sitting in a closet.

Of your 642 Mako installs, how many were actually paid for and not just dropped off?

Bold claims by Dr. Jacob in this video. Sure Mako is cool but is it actually more accurate than a traditional total knee and are the long-term outcomes better? Where's the head to head in a controlled trial?

Is this confirmed? I thought Mako was doing really well.

No comment on that question because everyone is doing it.

Stryker has joined the party of companies giving these fake surgical robots away for free to ASCs. Can you say inducement?

Is this confirmed? I thought Mako was doing really well.

Unbelievable reading through this thread. I went on eBay and a MAKO is still for sale. 450k. I'm not sure if it is the same one. The newest one is out of California. Does this account that's trying to sell theirs know they are giving them away for free now? No one will pay a dime for it!

Call me when you start having reimbursement issues with MAKO scans in your territory...

They're coming quickly.

Thankfully they offer free local pickup.

Unbelievable reading through this thread. I went on eBay and a MAKO is still for sale. 450k. I'm not sure if it is the same one. The newest one is out of California. Does this account that's trying to sell theirs know they are giving them away for free now? No one will pay a dime for it!

Stryker has joined the party of companies giving these fake surgical robots away for free to ASCs. Can you say inducement?

You have to have qualified data to get FDA approval. Move on.

no you move on a 510k is how mako got approval and they were using the non approved shapematch cutting guides that got them put n jail you do your homework

Growing for sure but not without problems.

On average, how many tries does it take to properly seat onlay tibial inserts in the baseplate? Not with damage...

?

On average, how many tries does it take to properly seat onlay tibial inserts in the baseplate? Not with damage...

This is def a fair concern.

Mako is the biggest growth driver at the company. This eBay deal has to be a one-off situation.

This is amazing. Can somebody please say what account was trying to offload a MAKO on eBay?

Mako is the biggest growth driver at the company. This eBay deal has to be a one-off situation.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.