Stryker Navigation Associate

This division is being pitched to me by my recruiter and he says they are the market leader for navigation. That is odd to me because I rarely see their devices in my territory. Stryker is a great company so I am very interested but definitely a little miffed at the recruiter if he is lying.

Does anyone have the market information for Stryker or share thoughts on the division?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

The recruiter is lying and that isn't surprising. They are third behind Brainlab and Medtronic.

I forgot we even had this division. That should say something.

Navigation is the product Stryker never knew what do with and as a result got passed to a bunch of divisions over the years. It started out in mirco-implants/CMS when I was with Stryker (business model design flaw when covering all level 1 trauma centers and expected to do (1) 12 hour neuro case). It's better they broke Nav off into a division of its own but it still sounds like Stryker created the division because no other division wanted it. Shocked they just didn't sell it off. As the others have said Brainlab and Medtronic own the market. It also depends how good your relationships are with docs in each speciality to help you, how well you know the capital market, how well you know the hospital systems buying budgets, and what they've got bundled, etc. Stryker is a great company but I'd hold out for a different position and get a new recruiter.

Medtronic's nav quality has gone down over the years. Their size and scope helps them with hospital contracts and pricing power. BrainLab is the best but is also the smallest making it harder for them to compete.

What specialties do you call on in this role and what is the average compensation across the division?

I would hold out on this position and go with Brainlab or Medtronic if Navigation is where you want to be.

The recruiter is lying and that isn't surprising. They are third behind Brainlab and Medtronic.

Navigation is the product Stryker never knew what do with and as a result got passed to a bunch of divisions over the years. It started out in mirco-implants/CMS when I was with Stryker (business model design flaw when covering all level 1 trauma centers and expected to do (1) 12 hour neuro case). It's better they broke Nav off into a division of its own but it still sounds like Stryker created the division because no other division wanted it. Shocked they just didn't sell it off. As the others have said Brainlab and Medtronic own the market. It also depends how good your relationships are with docs in each speciality to help you, how well you know the capital market, how well you know the hospital systems buying budgets, and what they've got bundled, etc.
Stryker is a great company but I'd hold out for a different position and get a new recruiter.

What specialties do you call on in this role and what is the average compensation across the division?

I couldn't have said it better.

Fiagon is where it's at.

Come on dont be ridiculous

Fiagon is where it's at.

Navigation is the product Stryker never knew what do with and as a result got passed to a bunch of divisions over the years. It started out in mirco-implants/CMS when I was with Stryker (business model design flaw when covering all level 1 trauma centers and expected to do (1) 12 hour neuro case). It's better they broke Nav off into a division of its own but it still sounds like Stryker created the division because no other division wanted it. Shocked they just didn't sell it off. As the others have said Brainlab and Medtronic own the market. It also depends how good your relationships are with docs in each speciality to help you, how well you know the capital market, how well you know the hospital systems buying budgets, and what they've got bundled, etc. Stryker is a great company but I'd hold out for a different position and get a new recruiter.

Navigation at Stryker is basically holed up in the back closet and no one knows what to do with them.

Wow. Thank you so much for that detailed response. I cooled on the position since I wrote the original post and decided to hold out for a better opportunity with Stryker or another big player. Thank you again for the great info!

A distant third - I've never seen their system work without a rep setting it up for the nurses. I would look into another division of Stryker if I were you because they are a good company, navigation just isn't a great division.

All true. Unless every nurse is an idiot in the hospital's that have their system, it has to be one of the most challenging to get setup. However, if you are in a crappy situation, it may be better than we you currently are.

A distant third - I've never seen their system work without a rep setting it up for the nurses. I would look into another division of Stryker if I were you because they are a good company, navigation just isn't a great division.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.