NBC Article on Spinal Cord Stimulators Injuring Patients

This week has been brutal since this article came out. Surgeons get it and look at it as a hit piece.

Patients on the other hand? All week they've been bringing it up and I'm sick of answering questions about it. I'm not the surgeon!

Patients - If you are reading this, SCS is a fantastic, scientifically proven treatment option. Visit several doctors and find out which one is best because there are good surgeons and bad surgeons out there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/spinal-...

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

The article does in fact say patients get better from scs treatment so that's a positive. I wish they would have done a better job at explaining that many patients have to trial multiple systems before they find the one that works the best for them. It's the same as many different medications. Some work better for others. A responsible journalist should know better.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.