New Nevro Marketing Exec Sued by Abbott

Abbott is claiming their ex global product marketing manager stole their 2019 playbook and is using it in his new job at Nevro. Abbott is trying to prevent him from taking the job for a year through a restraining order.

"Fleck was intimately involved in the development of highly proprietary and confidential strategic plans - Abbott's proverbial 2019 'playbook' - directed specifically to chronic pain therapies, the use of which by a competitor would be devastating for Abbott's business," the company said in the suit. "Because Fleck led the team that developed the 2019 marketing plan just a few weeks ago, he knows Abbott's strategic objectives and its plan for achieving them, regardless of whether he retained a physical copy of the plan."

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

"...brought over Abbott's entire 2019 sales and marketing playbook..."

Umm you mean the sales & marketing playbook that centers around paying off Physicians in "speaker fees"? LOL

DON'T FORGET "RESEARCH GRANTS"

Uh, presumably hiring someone who brought over Abbott's entire 2019 sales and marketing playbook. It's kind of a big deal.

"...brought over Abbott's entire 2019 sales and marketing playbook..."

Umm you mean the sales & marketing playbook that centers around paying off Physicians in "speaker fees"? LOL

I'm sorry, what did Nevro do wrong in this situation?

I agree. Go to Nevro. Abbott SUCKS.

Uh, presumably hiring someone who brought over Abbott's entire 2019 sales and marketing playbook. It's kind of a big deal.

Nevro has a lot of issues, but a lack of litigious rigor is not one of them. I find it hard to believe that they hired this guy without making him sign a **** ton of documents regarding existing non-compete and proprietary disclosure agreements with Abbott. Either way, he's fucked.

Show Language

Nevro doing something unethical? Bordering on criminal? Shocking! and that article on the culture-PLEEZE!

The culture is SO TOXIC!!!

So is this guy on the bench until this situation is resolved?

I hope this dude has a backup plan

Nevro doing something unethical? Bordering on criminal? Shocking! and that article on the culture-PLEEZE!

So is this guy on the bench until this situation is resolved?

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.