Who has benefited the most from Nevro’s failures?

Ok, Rami will not answer the questions about competition on the conference call so I'll put it out here: Who has benefited the most from Nevro's recent failures?

MDT, ABT/STJ, Boston, Nuvectra, someone else?

Gracias.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Switched a patient from HF10 to WaveWriter yesterday. It was a hoot hearing what she thought of the Nevro rep.

Please share!

Switched a patient from HF10 to WaveWriter yesterday. It was a hoot hearing what she thought of the Nevro rep.

The highly experienced Neuromod reps that were hired from the start have mostly departed. Now the sales managers are stuck spending their time filling space with inexperienced reps.

It's kinda scary to think how big Nevro could have been if it wasn't such a ****-hole for reps. They took a big slice of the SCS pie despite constantly turning over territories. Competitive reps should be sending Rami thank you notes and praising his strategy!

Show Language

It's common knowledge that sales turnover is over 20% at Nevro. You do realize turnover means a reduction in employees, not increases? Go work for Fox News.

The highly experienced Neuromod reps that were hired from the start have mostly departed. Now the sales managers are stuck spending their time filling space with inexperienced reps.

It's common knowledge that sales turnover is over 20% at Nevro. You do realize turnover means a reduction in employees, not increases? Go work for Fox News.

Turnover isn't a layoff you dolt.

Where and when was/is this layoff? Wth are you talking about? layoffs mean reduction in # employees, not increases.

Go work for CNN.

The layoff narrative is indeed comical. People who leave Nevro are either fired without notice or quit because they're burned out. It's not a fun place to work as a rep, which is a damn shame. So much potential....

Where and when was/is this layoff? Wth are you talking about? layoffs mean reduction in # employees, not increases.

Go work for CNN.

The layoff narrative is comical. Nevro is expanding like crazy. 400M in 3 years. Taking that chunk of market share so quickly from 3 med giants is remarkable. Nevro didn't even have a complete bag with paddle or secondary battery until recently.

The tenure of the team in your area is a good indicator of reality - not the anonymous competitive troll. Some reps can't hack it or thought working with patients would be cool and realized it's actually work. Majority of turnover is voluntary.

Would agree that there has been micromanagement from top but hopefully that diminishes as the management team scales. No company in the space is investing more in the future than Nevro. Just look at the new RCTs underway. The competitors have done jack ****, and have even less of a strategy. They are playing a commodity game and everyone knows it.

The sales position is what you make it. If you expect to coast, look elsewhere.

The layoff narrative is indeed comical. People who leave Nevro are either fired without notice or quit because they're burned out. It's not a fun place to work as a rep, which is a damn shame. So much potential....

Show Language

In a word... Brutal. You can note the lack of continuity at head of sales. The CEO micromanages the sales force and has unrealistic expectations which leads to mass firings and a toxic culture. Dont believe any "best places to work" propaganda, Nevro is a brutal place to work in sales!

The layoff narrative is comical. Nevro is expanding like crazy. 400M in 3 years. Taking that chunk of market share so quickly from 3 med giants is remarkable. Nevro didn't even have a complete bag with paddle or secondary battery until recently.

The tenure of the team in your area is a good indicator of reality - not the anonymous competitive troll. Some reps can't hack it or thought working with patients would be cool and realized it's actually work. Majority of turnover is voluntary.

Would agree that there has been micromanagement from top but hopefully that diminishes as the management team scales. No company in the space is investing more in the future than Nevro. Just look at the new RCTs underway. The competitors have done jack ****, and have even less of a strategy. They are playing a commodity game and everyone knows it.

The sales position is what you make it. If you expect to coast, look elsewhere.

Show Language

I'm looking to accept a Nevro sales job but reading some of this discussion scares me on the stability of management and the company. Is the 20% you mentioned mostly people getting fired or leaving on their own? I can look past some of the discussion on HF10 because every competitor thinks their company's product is the best and their competitor's the worst. Plus, I've met with some Nevro customers during the interview process and they talk highly of HF10's effectiveness.

Layoffs and instability is another story. Could I get a realistic idea of what working at Nevro is like for sales rep? It would be greatly appreciated.

In a word... Brutal. You can note the lack of continuity at head of sales. The CEO micromanages the sales force and has unrealistic expectations which leads to mass firings and a toxic culture. Dont believe any "best places to work" propaganda, Nevro is a brutal place to work in sales!

Nevro's rep turnover substantially exceeds 20%

I'm looking to accept a Nevro sales job but reading some of this discussion scares me on the stability of management and the company. Is the 20% you mentioned mostly people getting fired or leaving on their own? I can look past some of the discussion on HF10 because every competitor thinks their company's product is the best and their competitor's the worst. Plus, I've met with some Nevro customers during the interview process and they talk highly of HF10's effectiveness.

Layoffs and instability is another story. Could I get a realistic idea of what working at Nevro is like for sales rep? It would be greatly appreciated.

just do what one of the other stim companies is doing. Hire inexperienced, young eye candy and hope your docs start making decisions in their small head and not their big head

Nevro's rep turnover substantially exceeds 20%

Not one customer is going to ask about the Nevro patent ruling. They don't care. All they care about it having a rep that will be good at customer service and a product that helps their patients. Boston is garbage in this business.

why do you say BSX is garbage?

just do what one of the other stim companies is doing. Hire inexperienced, young eye candy and hope your docs start making decisions in their small head and not their big head

Not one customer is going to ask about the Nevro patent ruling. They don't care. All they care about it having a rep that will be good at customer service and a product that helps their patients. Boston is garbage in this business.

This business relies on the sales reps more than any other device job I've had and dealing with patients is part of what reps sign up for. If a patient is not being taken care of, they will make life miserable for the surgeon and then the surgeon gets pissed at the rep. If the surgeon is pissed and the results aren't that much better than HF10, the surgeon will choose a system that comes with a rep who will make their life easier.

Nevro is either too stubborn to figure this out or they've just hired really bad reps and managers who don't get it either.

How else can you explain 20% turnover. Even the bad competitors don't have turnover that high and are taught to take care of patients just like they do the surgeon.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.