SCS is a scam

Someone finally said it perfectly -

SCS is a perfect therapy to **** desperate patients who will do anything to try and get some relief and leveraging the excessive opioid use plays into perfect timing to put a stimulator in a lot of poor indicated patients. No SCS has done a comprehensive study for 5-10yrs post implant as that would be catastrophic to usage, ASP's, etc and validate that pain docs are ****** voodoo docs for the most part. They only do it for the money as why would any intelligent doc want to deal with the absolutely miserable chronic pain patient population? Would you want to deal with Walmart customers all day?? Awful profession

Show Language

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

As surgeons push this therapy to patients who wouldn’t have been candidates a couple of years ago, there will be patients who do not have the same success you had. I’m already seeing it. Like any therapy, it’s great for the patients it’s meant for. When patient selection becomes more liberal because of money, results decrease.

The problem is that SCS used to be a last resort for patients and now it is becoming an earlier treatment option. When this happens, there is going to be less success than on those who absolutely need it.

the SCS has been life changing. For 18 years I was on truck loads of Fentynol, methadone and oxy for pain. I am on 0 pain meds now. I have been to **** and back for 18 years and the device gave me my life back.

You sound like a sour ex employee who didn’t get there way.

As surgeons push this therapy to patients who wouldn’t have been candidates a couple of years ago, there will be patients who do not have the same success you had. I’m already seeing it. Like any therapy, it’s great for the patients it’s meant for. When patient selection becomes more liberal because of money, results decrease.

Show Language

the SCS has been life changing. For 18 years I was on truck loads of Fentynol, methadone and oxy for pain. I am on 0 pain meds now. I have been to **** and back for 18 years and the device gave me my life back.

You sound like a sour ex employee who didn’t get there way.

Show Language

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or are serious?

It all depends on what you do at Nevro. I would bet there are actually people at HQ that believe all the altruistic nonsense that the Supreme Leader espouses. Anyone in sales knows better.

At least my stock grant is doing well...

This is total BS. Patients come first at Nevro! We are a patient-focused company! Profits and quota are secondary. It's all about patient-care

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or are serious?

Agreed. I don't see how it's possible to be successful at Nevro without implanting patients that you know aren't going to respond to the therapy. Sell, sell, sell....

This is total BS. Patients come first at Nevro! We are a patient-focused company! Profits and quota are secondary. It's all about patient-care

I left Nevro after a couple of years. Just couldn't talk any more patients desperate for relief into getting an implant. Even when I was beating my number I wasn't happy. HF10 is no different than the other devices out there. It only truly works for a small population but it is pushed on anyone with a heartbeat that can afford it.

I sleep much better at night now since my departure.

Agreed. I don't see how it's possible to be successful at Nevro without implanting patients that you know aren't going to respond to the therapy. Sell, sell, sell....

Reps for all the SCS companies need to realize that these implants are just placeholders until a drug is approved that does the same thing. Then the industry is dead.

I left Nevro after a couple of years. Just couldn't talk any more patients desperate for relief into getting an implant. Even when I was beating my number I wasn't happy. HF10 is no different than the other devices out there. It only truly works for a small population but it is pushed on anyone with a heartbeat that can afford it.

I sleep much better at night now since my departure.

I don't understand your point or why you feel this way? So you basically just want this industry to disappear?

Reps for all the SCS companies need to realize that these implants are just placeholders until a drug is approved that does the same thing. Then the industry is dead.

Docs need to stop trialing and implanting mechanical pain. Sounds like you're working with a couple.

I don't understand your point or why you feel this way? So you basically just want this industry to disappear?

Docs need to stop trialing and implanting mechanical pain. Sounds like you're working with a couple.

Have been doing the gig for a very long time and only get money fulfillment out of it sseeing it simply is not a sustainable therapy with strong, long term outcomes otherwise all the companies could validate it but they simply cannot.

It's hard to look in the mirror everyday knowing I'm looking at every patient and their implant as a ninety percent chance of a future non-used stimulator and, most likely, an explant after having my CS slaves reprogram over and over and over and, of course, we hire smoking hot young one's who are great with patients and provide that necessary placebo-effect while the patient is getting substandard relief year after year.

Once a therapy with long term efficacy is created for chronic pain patients, this modality will be dead.

However, I'm the mean time, I collude with slimy pain docs who only care abour money and give them everything they need to keep slamming in these high priced, pieces of garbage wannabe pain relieving devices.

Tis is life

A review of spinal cord stimulation systems for chronic pain

Spinal cord stimulation (SCS) applications and technologies are fast advancing. New SCS technologies are being used increasingly in the clinical environment, but often there is a lag period between the clinical application and the publishing of high-quality ...

Have been doing the gig for a very long time and only get money fulfillment out of it sseeing it simply is not a sustainable therapy with strong, long term outcomes otherwise all the companies could validate it but they simply cannot.

It's hard to look in the mirror everyday knowing I'm looking at every patient and their implant as a ninety percent chance of a future non-used stimulator and, most likely, an explant after having my CS slaves reprogram over and over and over and, of course, we hire smoking hot young one's who are great with patients and provide that necessary placebo-effect while the patient is getting substandard relief year after year.

Once a therapy with long term efficacy is created for chronic pain patients, this modality will be dead.

However, I'm the mean time, I collude with slimy pain docs who only care abour money and give them everything they need to keep slamming in these high priced, pieces of garbage wannabe pain relieving devices.

Tis is life

You need a new job. I've been doing this a long time as well and know that it's improved many lives. Level 1 evidence supports. Alternatives are usually opioids(poor data) or surgery(poor outcomes).

Tis is life

Considering how addictive the alternative is, I have to disagree with your opinion.

I wonder how many SCS patients actually stop using opioids after they're implanted? Surely there is peer-reviewed clinical data to back up the claim that SCS reduces opioid use, right?

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.