Medtronic Robotic Program Still Committed to FY '20 Launch

EVP of Minimally Invasive Therapies, Bob White, spoke and answered questions at the Cowen and Company Healthcare Conference the other day and had some interesting things to say about the robotic surgery program.

It appears the program is still on track for a FY '20 launch.

When we came into the street it was an FY '20 kind of go first and we are absolutely committed to that. For competitive reasons I'm not going to get into where or specifically when but the important thing is we are hitting our program milestones, really like the surgeon experience that was there in one of our animal labs a few weeks back and a surgeon was performing a partial nephrectomy on the system and the system performed really well. And when we stepped back to debrief it, the things -- he liked the things that he would expect, love the surgeon experience, love the interaction as a workflow, love the way the end effectors came to play. So our focus is making sure our go first launch is go really, really well. And like I said I think we are one track on what I have committed to you guys previously, so it’s good.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

FY 20 maybe but not in the US. I wish these analysts wouldn’t be afraid to push the Medtronic execs. The US is the only market that matters when building traction. I’m not trying to be elitist. Go to any physician society conference and all the docs from around the world are looking to see the new technology and what’s being used here.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.