Surprise Furlough at Medtronic

All non-essential contractors are being required to take 2 weeks unpaid furlough. No warning was given.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

this doesn’t seem true. We literally just got a bunch of interns in this week. Why would they furlough again and bring in interns? They’re hiring literally everyday

Uh, interns are cheaper.

A FT friend said there was major announcement today that all contractors will be furlowed June 1 until next fall and all contacts will be either cancelled or rate cut.

Sounds like major financial problems

this doesn’t seem true. We literally just got a bunch of interns in this week. Why would they furlough again and bring in interns? They’re hiring literally everyday

How's your friend feeling about their contractor job now? The person I know is looking for other work since Medtronic seems perfectly okay with lowering contractor pay just to make the bottom line. This is stealing money from people. They have contracts to work full time. Not full time some weeks and not at all other weeks.

A FT friend said there was major announcement today that all contractors will be furlowed June 1 until next fall and all contacts will be either cancelled or rate cut.

Sounds like major financial problems

So many things wrong with those statements.

Besides, my friend just got hired as a contractor. They're still hiring.

Your source is bluffing. Just as the poster down below who said the furlough was extended/doubled.

How's your friend feeling about their contractor job now? The person I know is looking for other work since Medtronic seems perfectly okay with lowering contractor pay just to make the bottom line. This is stealing money from people. They have contracts to work full time. Not full time some weeks and not at all other weeks.

7 additional mandatory days off were added, mostly around holidays, For example, in addition to mandatory off on July 4, a mandatory off on July 5 was added.

do you contractors will be let go at the end of April? I think my manager submitted a request for my contact to be renewed but from what I’ve been reading I think they may drop a lot of us at the end of q4

7 additional mandatory days off were added, mostly around holidays, For example, in addition to mandatory off on July 4, a mandatory off on July 5 was added.

There was an announcement today about more mandatory time off for contractor making total to 19 days for USA. this is in addition to not being able to make up any of your own time off. With furlough and additional mandatory time offs, effectively MDT contractor pay is being reduced by 25% in 2019 comparing to 2018.

where was this announcement? And when will this be happening

There was an announcement today about more mandatory time off for contractor making total to 19 days for USA. this is in addition to not being able to make up any of your own time off. With furlough and additional mandatory time offs, effectively MDT contractor pay is being reduced by 25% in 2019 comparing to 2018.

Tell your friend to watch the Q3 Global company meeting and see what Omar says about contractors and the furlough. Contractors are temporary and not as important as FTE. They didn't die because of two weeks off and so they will keep the option open in the future.

Wells Fargo did it in December. At least 2 companies that I know of have been doing it for the last few years

Your source is bluffing. Just as the poster down below who said the furlough was extended/doubled.

Tell your friend to watch the Q3 Global company meeting and see what Omar says about contractors and the furlough. Contractors are temporary and not as important as FTE. They didn't die because of two weeks off and so they will keep the option open in the future.

Funny because the VP meeting was yesterday. Yes they are hiring, but they are also not ruling out the possibility of using furloughs to balance their books.

VP was reported saying that furloughing may be the new normal for contractors at a recent company meeting. Sounds like they have no problems balancing the books on the backs of their contractors.

only 4% overall growth last quarter...solution = layoffs, furlough and hiring freeze across the company. I mean, at this point, we know they executives don't have any other solutions up their sleeve so buckle up, buttercups.

VP was reported saying that furloughing may be the new normal for contractors at a recent company meeting. Sounds like they have no problems balancing the books on the backs of their contractors.

no one has said anything. So when exactly do you think it will be? I want to be planned and have money saved when the time does come

only 4% overall growth last quarter...solution = layoffs, furlough and hiring freeze across the company. I mean, at this point, we know they executives don't have any other solutions up their sleeve so buckle up, buttercups.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.