The Puritan Bennett 980 Disaster

Wasn't Medtronic supposed to come in and make things better with the 980? Medtronic shut down plants, sold off products and integrated the rest of Covidien into the business but they can't figure out how to deal with the 980. For real, how many more recalls and field corrective actions will Medtronic put out before they pull the plug on the product?

Customers have been complaining for years about the software. Continuing to use the product will be dangerous so why fight it?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

You aren't wrong but the constant software updates labeled as recalls are not a great look.

Yes but what is the alternative? Servo U costs are ridiculously high, Hamilton vents are boring galielos....Draeger is the same since the Evita4

no, the 980 is a complete fiasco, how they could screw up my beautiful 840 is beyond me...Medtronic paid a pretty penny for covidien and 980 revenues were forecasted to be #1 ventilator in the world (just like the 840)....I just don't see Omar giving that up.....the 980 is still selling well in 840 accounts in the USA (biggest vent market in the world)

You aren't wrong but the constant software updates labeled as recalls are not a great look.

You too? Are you seriously defending the product?

no, the 980 is a complete fiasco, how they could screw up my beautiful 840 is beyond me...Medtronic paid a pretty penny for covidien and 980 revenues were forecasted to be #1 ventilator in the world (just like the 840)....I just don't see Omar giving that up.....the 980 is still selling well in 840 accounts in the USA (biggest vent market in the world)

What do you suggest genius? Omar isn't going to just kill this off. He will milk it for as long as possible.

You too? Are you seriously defending the product?

What do you suggest genius? Omar isn't going to just kill this off. He will milk it for as long as possible.

Are you seriously defending the product?

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.