Medtronic Enters Robotic Surgery Market with Mazor Robotics Agreement

Mazor Robotics inks deal with Medtronic; shares up 23% premarket - MZOR | Seeking Alpha

Thinly traded micro cap Mazor Robotics (NASDAQ:MZOR) jumps 23% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that it has entered into a commerc

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Medtronic about to have problems with adverse events from Mazor? This is what happens when untrained reps cover cases and sales teams push devices as a marketing tool. How many times have we heard Mazor's reps are barely out of diapers?

Perfect timing if you're a lawyer. The largest medical device company in the world acquires you and all of a sudden more adverse events start popping up. Coincidence? I think not.

Medtronic about to have problems with adverse events from Mazor? This is what happens when untrained reps cover cases and sales teams push devices as a marketing tool. How many times have we heard Mazor's reps are barely out of diapers?

Medtronic just acquired Mazor for $1.64 billion.

I'm with Zimmer and I want to let you know that Medtronic and Mazor don't have to worry about ROSA because our world-class engineers insisted on requiring k-wires even though no one will have them once ROSA hits the market. When's that? Who the f knows!

Medtronic just acquired Mazor for $1.64 billion.

I haven't seen it yet but will at NASS. It sounds cool but are they pretending there's a problem when there really isn't? Surgeons have been using guidewires forever and I rarely hear them complain. Scrubs get it, surgeons get it. They're safe and cost effective.

The big robotic surgery push is adding some unnecessary cost. How are you going to address the cost effective argument with a surgery center or hospital when guidewires are insanely cheap compared to what it will cost for the Mazor X with Stealth integration?

Good luck with that!

Can someone knowledgeable in the subject respond to this?

One would only assume that robotic surgery is the wave of the future and as surgical technology evolves, surgeons, scrub techs and facilities will have to get on board however would be nice to know for those of us interested in the space to know how much weight this "guidewire argument" really holds?

Is the Mazor X Stealth Edition going to be everything Medtronic is hyping? Big introduction in September.

I haven't seen it yet but will at NASS. It sounds cool but are they pretending there's a problem when there really isn't? Surgeons have been using guidewires forever and I rarely hear them complain. Scrubs get it, surgeons get it. They're safe and cost effective.

The big robotic surgery push is adding some unnecessary cost. How are you going to address the cost effective argument with a surgery center or hospital when guidewires are insanely cheap compared to what it will cost for the Mazor X with Stealth integration?

Good luck with that!

Is the Mazor X Stealth Edition going to be everything Medtronic is hyping? Big introduction in September.

Hospitals are trading in their renaissance systems left and right for X.

Acquisition imminent.

There is no reason for Medtronic to purchase Mazor when they already control a significant amount of: pricing, distribution and sales. With all that power, why would Omar feel the need to acquire everything? It seems like a great deal for Medtronic and kind of a pain in the *** for Mazor.

Show Language

Is Medtronic ever concerned with Mazor Robotics having 25 yr old reps with no prior OR or Spine experience Fully Plan and Run a Robotic Spine Procedure?

Nope. That's the new normal in medical device sales and is hasn't stopped Mazor from performing over 33k cases and achieving 27% growth.

And what's the issue with having hot chicks in the o.r. with you???

Has there been confirmation Medtronic has an internal robotics program? I think most of that is rumor and the Mazor deal is their way of entering the market without developing a product on their own.

Yes, it's called Hugo.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.