Medical Sales College Review

Anyone know anything about this school that trains med reps?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

I guess what's the problem going to a technical college that helps you learn anatomy and selling skills if they have contacts with medical device companies? Look around on social media, they get their students hired. Not every path to success is the same.

"I would rather pay someone and get eternally stuck in ortho sales than go learn selling skills in the field while making money"

The problem for me is that it reeks of a short term mindset. Rather than taking the time to build a foundation and learn sales properly, people want to pay to find the fastest route. It's the foundation of every get rich quick scheme in the world. I certainly think that it's hard to move outside of ortho as well after MSC - what happens when you want to do something other than stand in cases? I don't believe that their training is great for that side of the business.

That's why I don't personally respect it. But ultimately, different strokes for different folks. If it works for you and you're happy with the results, then you shouldn't care what internet strangers think anyway. I think the merits of entering device sales a more traditional route outweigh what MSC offers.

I mean... why pay for training when you can go work for ADP/Paychex/Xerox/whoever for a year and get paid before going to device?

I guess what's the problem going to a technical college that helps you learn anatomy and selling skills if they have contacts with medical device companies? Look around on social media, they get their students hired. Not every path to success is the same.

I think this gal has posted some videos on line as well. She always gets a big load of sales at the end

Just because someone can manipulate SEO to make their company pop up first in Google, doesn't mean they're reputable it makes them manipulative.

They used medical sales in their company name, of course they'll pop up first.

Save your money. Invest in taking people who know people in the industry to lunch, ask to shadow, do informational interviews with managers in the industry. Ask for honest feedback on your resume but, this type of program isn't necessary.

Disagree completely. Look at the jobs their students have been getting and you'll realize that MSC is doing a really good job getting people ready to work for high-quality companies. If that was my only option after trying to find a device job, I would definitely go that route.

some people don't know that medical device companies like to hire reps from the companies you mentioned. If you don't know the answer and you google "medical device sales" I would bet that the Medical Sales College pops up first. Either way, I have looked at their site and it does seem like they are legit and are placing their "students" with good companies, mostly ortho companies from what I can tell. I don't know how much it is for a student but if reasonable I guess I would do it if I've exhausted all other options.

Just because someone can manipulate SEO to make their company pop up first in Google, doesn't mean they're reputable it makes them manipulative.

They used medical sales in their company name, of course they'll pop up first.

Save your money. Invest in taking people who know people in the industry to lunch, ask to shadow, do informational interviews with managers in the industry. Ask for honest feedback on your resume but, this type of program isn't necessary.

I mean... why pay for training when you can go work for ADP/Paychex/Xerox/whoever for a year and get paid before going to device?

some people don't know that medical device companies like to hire reps from the companies you mentioned. If you don't know the answer and you google "medical device sales" I would bet that the Medical Sales College pops up first. Either way, I have looked at their site and it does seem like they are legit and are placing their "students" with good companies, mostly ortho companies from what I can tell. I don't know how much it is for a student but if reasonable I guess I would do it if I've exhausted all other options.

• I took a tour of the school and met with the staff. The DoD is breaking ties with "Degree Mills" such as UoP, ITT, Ashford, Devry... MSC Masters program had 100% placement 2016. It is a good investment in a future for Veterans who have BACHELOR and sales experience. Their placements are high, as they only accept students they believe can succeed in sales and networking.

I do think MSC has made major changes since they opened the doors. The lawsuit that was posted seems frivolous Just look at the recent grads and the type of jobs they are getting. If you are having any problems finding an entry level job in medical sales I would sincerely give MSC a shot.

Recent grads went on to work for Depuy, Acelity, Integra, Game Ready and Arthrex!

Another graduate going to work for Depuy Synthes!!

I understand why some of you would find it questionable to pay for a medical sales college like this but I have talked to some of their graduates and they spoke very highly of the Orthopaedic Reconstruction & Trauma Program that is 6 weeks long. Both received jobs, one with Depuy and the other with Zimmer. If these two reps were able to get a job then I do not see any issue with MSC. Tell me why I'm wrong in wanting to give MSC a go.

Recent grads went on to work for Depuy, Acelity, Integra, Game Ready and Arthrex!

It does smell a bit like your analogy but they do have a president from Zimmer Biomet on their board of directors. You would think he would stay away if there was anything shady going on.

Sure because kick backs never happen in the industry.

Medical Sales College = University of Phoenix East.

It does smell a bit like your analogy but they do have a president from Zimmer Biomet on their board of directors. You would think he would stay away if there was anything shady going on.

Medical Sales College = University of Phoenix East.

Even if this company/college means well you don't need it. There are so many companies who are looking for reps and they will pay you to go to training. I'm not a fan.

I understand why some of you would find it questionable to pay for a medical sales college like this but I have talked to some of their graduates and they spoke very highly of the Orthopaedic Reconstruction & Trauma Program that is 6 weeks long. Both received jobs, one with Depuy and the other with Zimmer. If these two reps were able to get a job then I do not see any issue with MSC. Tell me why I'm wrong in wanting to give MSC a go.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.