Pharmaceuticals

Why does it feel like if you take out Oncology's growth and performance, our Pharma business isn't doing as well as most people think?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

The approval of Balversa on Friday could be a huge boost, possibly generating billions in sales.

The entire business unit grew 8.2% last quarter with double digit growth in nine products. I would say the above market performance includes more than Oncology.

The approval of Balversa on Friday could be a huge boost, possibly generating billions in sales.

Why does it feel like if you take out Oncology's growth and performance, our Pharma business isn't doing as well as most people think?

NONSENSE. Largest pharma company by revenue in the world.

The entire business unit grew 8.2% last quarter with double digit growth in nine products. I would say the above market performance includes more than Oncology.

While Amgen and others in the industry are lowering drug prices, J&J decided it was in their best interest to raise prices on 12 drugs today.

Most of the J&J increases were between 6 percent and 7 percent and the increases will come from the psoriasis treatment Stelara, prostate cancer drug Zytiga and blood thinner Xarelto,

J&J said the average list price increase on its drugs will be 4.2 percent this year. However, it expects the net price it actually receives for its medicines to drop. That is because drugmakers negotiate rebates and discounts off the list price with payers in order to ensure patient access to their products.

I feel like Gorsky can't help himself and being in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.