JNJ Please Sell MD&D

Mr. Gorsky, please selloff MDD. If you poled MDD employees, you would realize that most all of us feel like red-headed step children. We get it, Pharma makes more money and you love consumer. Wouldn't selling MDD off let you focus on the children you actually love?

Sales decreased .2% YOY last quarter. Does that make you happy? It doesn't make us happy but we need better parents who love us. Do the right thing, Mr. Gorsky and put us up for adoption or split us off and let us spread our wings.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

The adjusted operational growth in medical devices was 4.3% last quarter. But then again, the only reason for the "adjusted" growth is to not count all the stuff they divested or closed, like ASP, Lifescan, and now-shuttered Animas. It's a bit dishonest because they're only counting the growing businesses they kept, while not counting the businesses they mismanaged into oblivion.

http://www.investor.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-reports-2019-first-quarter-results

Other major competitors have managed to keep their competing businesses growing, areas which JNJ exited. Boston Scientific, Abbott, and Medtronic are still doing ok in interventional cardiology, but JNJ couldn't compete and divested Cordis.

Abbott is doing extremely well in their diagnostics business, but JNJ couldn't compete and divested OCD.

Abbott and Medtronic are growing leaps and bounds in diabetes care, but JNJ couldn't so they dumped Lifescan and Calibra and closed Animas.

Steris is growing and has been consistently executing well in sterilization and disinfection, but JNJ bungled ASP and dumped them.

Synthes was growing prior to the JNJ acquisition, and now under JNJ ownership the legacy Synthes businesses are losing market share and not growing. JNJ has begun the process of eventually divesting the entire orthopedics business. Synthes manufacturing sites have all been sold to Jabil, which is the first step in eventually divesting the whole enchilada.

With the majority of JNJ's legendary medical device franchises divested or closed due to JNJ mismanaging these businesses into the ground, what confidence should anyone have in their management to actually start "trying harder"?

Ashley McEvoy was spinning the failures hard talking about upcoming robotics platforms and the ATTUNE revision successes. Smoke and mirrors.

Looks like he didn't focus enough last quarter as the medical device business did $6.5B which is a negative 4.6% year-over-year. Keep up the great work my man.

The adjusted operational growth in medical devices was 4.3% last quarter. But then again, the only reason for the "adjusted" growth is to not count all the stuff they divested or closed, like ASP, Lifescan, and now-shuttered Animas. It's a bit dishonest because they're only counting the growing businesses they kept, while not counting the businesses they mismanaged into oblivion.

http://www.investor.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-reports-2019-first-quarter-results

Other major competitors have managed to keep their competing businesses growing, areas which JNJ exited. Boston Scientific, Abbott, and Medtronic are still doing ok in interventional cardiology, but JNJ couldn't compete and divested Cordis.

Abbott is doing extremely well in their diagnostics business, but JNJ couldn't compete and divested OCD.

Abbott and Medtronic are growing leaps and bounds in diabetes care, but JNJ couldn't so they dumped Lifescan and Calibra and closed Animas.

Steris is growing and has been consistently executing well in sterilization and disinfection, but JNJ bungled ASP and dumped them.

Synthes was growing prior to the JNJ acquisition, and now under JNJ ownership the legacy Synthes businesses are losing market share and not growing. JNJ has begun the process of eventually divesting the entire orthopedics business. Synthes manufacturing sites have all been sold to Jabil, which is the first step in eventually divesting the whole enchilada.

With the majority of JNJ's legendary medical device franchises divested or closed due to JNJ mismanaging these businesses into the ground, what confidence should anyone have in their management to actually start "trying harder"?

Gorsky said they were going to starting trying harder on their medical device business. I'm not lying. That's basically a direct quote.

Looks like he didn't focus enough last quarter as the medical device business did $6.5B which is a negative 4.6% year-over-year. Keep up the great work my man.

Realize that Schlomi is only focused on ensuring his baby, Biosense, is taken care of and the rest is 100% dispensable. Look no further than ASP, Codman, and used that money for Biosense. Who's next? Mentor first because there is an opportunity because of Allergan's mistakes, then Acclarent (if anyone will buy them) and then another company, maybe Vision Care? Who knows, as Schlomi himself. The biggest takeaway is Biosense is numero uno.

Don't forget about the divestiture of Cordis either. There are massive layoffs underway at Vision Care this year. Also, the department budgets at Vision Care were cut by more than half. Mentor & Vision Care are most likely to be sold next. Acclarent may follow in the footsteps of Animas, where the company is simply shut down since nobody wants to buy it.

It's amazing to see how much J&J has shrunk their medical device footprint in the last decade, with ASP, Codman, Cordis, Lifescan, OCD, and Calibra all divested, and EES-endomechanical and Synthes divested this year to Jabil, Animas and Sedasys shuttered.

Realize that Schlomi is only focused on ensuring his baby, Biosense, is taken care of and the rest is 100% dispensable. Look no further than ASP, Codman, and used that money for Biosense. Who's next? Mentor first because there is an opportunity because of Allergan's mistakes, then Acclarent (if anyone will buy them) and then another company, maybe Vision Care? Who knows, as Schlomi himself. The biggest takeaway is Biosense is numero uno.

Gorsky said they were going to starting trying harder on their medical device business. I'm not lying. That's basically a direct quote.

I'm going to tell my RM that I'll try harder next month and see what he says.

Fun fact: J&J device business has grown under 2% since 2014.

Good thing they gave Sandi P 11million in severance for her great work! I can only imagine what Gary got.

Sandy was the schnitzel that's why she only got 11 mil. Gary is a top dog, so I'm thinking he got 25 mil.

Good thing they gave Sandi P 11million in severance for her great work! I can only imagine what Gary got.

That's because no one wants it. They may just go the way of Animas!

Acclarent might become the next Animas, since it's too tiny of a company anyways. Mentor still has some intrinsic value due to the breast implant PMA they own, although the value of that PMA in the financial markets might be evaporating due to the latest news media blitz regarding breast implants.

No one wants to buy companies that are losing market share and $$$. Once a 1-2 launches happen and each is in the black for a few quarters (if thats possible) they will flip them. CSS is Biosense and dumpster fires on the chopping block.

This rumor has been going for two years now and no movement.

I hear this is starting with an Acclarent/Mentor package deal to someone.

This rumor has been going for two years now and no movement.

I hear this is starting with an Acclarent/Mentor package deal to someone.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.