Shlomi taking over Vision Care

Does this mean more layoffs, & possibly a divestiture of the Vision Care business? Perhaps all the money from Vision Care will be given to Biosense Webster, while Vision Care is left to starve, just as the other CSS companies were starved & flushed, like Cordis, Sedasys, ASP, Mentor, & Acclarent.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

He could ruin one of the only good business left at JNJ.

I don't understand why they would do this to Vision. I guess the long term prospect is bleak and this is JnJ's way of giving Vision some **** probing. Hey SN needs a new business to find a replacement for AS since she's leaving with ASP and CM is going to Ethicon. Time for SN and CM to sow some seeds elsewhere. LOL

With ASP, Cordis, Codman, and Sedasys gone, and with Acclarent and Mentor being divested next year, Shlomi needs a new opco to siphon cash out of to fund BWI. Vision Care brings in over $4 billion/year in revenue, that money will now be used to exclusively fund BWI.

Show Language

There have already been lots of layoffs at AMO, probably more to come now since SN's specialty is layoffs & divestitures. Whatever money Vision Care makes will be diverted to BWI. SN already bled Acclarent, ASP, Mentor, Cordis, Sedasys, & Codman dry to fund BWI. He needs a fresh Operating Company to suck dry now.

I don't understand why they would do this to Vision. I guess the long term prospect is bleak and this is JnJ's way of giving Vision some **** probing. Hey SN needs a new business to find a replacement for AS since she's leaving with ASP and CM is going to Ethicon. Time for SN and CM to sow some seeds elsewhere. LOL

Show Language

He would be a fool if he did that. Vision Care grew 10% last quarter. There are plenty of other places where layoffs would be more applicable. Do you really think he touches Vision Care? I thought they were a bright spot of the business.

There have already been lots of layoffs at AMO, probably more to come now since SN's specialty is layoffs & divestitures. Whatever money Vision Care makes will be diverted to BWI. SN already bled Acclarent, ASP, Mentor, Cordis, Sedasys, & Codman dry to fund BWI. He needs a fresh Operating Company to suck dry now.

He would be a fool if he did that. Vision Care grew 10% last quarter. There are plenty of other places where layoffs would be more applicable. Do you really think he touches Vision Care? I thought they were a bright spot of the business.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.