JnJ Executive Committee Changes

With Sandi Peterson's departure, JnJ has decided to reshuffle/promote its senior leaders. Any thoughts? Any misses? Any surprises?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

There is a ton of product overlap with Boston Sci. I dont think they will invest in the device space.

If BSci wants to die a horrible death, then they should try to get bought out by JnJ..... lol!!

It won't happen but Boston Scientific would be a perfect fit.

There is a ton of product overlap with Boston Sci. I dont think they will invest in the device space.

I agree with both of you which makes it even more frustrating. Ha. What device company would JNJ even buy if they went that direction? I think whatever move they make it has to be substantial.

It won't happen but Boston Scientific would be a perfect fit.

Seems JnJ has been buying companies in Pharma and Consumer but no Devices in the last few months. Wonder if this is strategic :P lol

I agree with both of you which makes it even more frustrating. Ha. What device company would JNJ even buy if they went that direction? I think whatever move they make it has to be substantial.

No doubt the MDD sector has been a clown show. Could not agree more on the acquisition failures. Synthes has been a total disaster! The global device sector has a lot of growth opportunity, especially in robotics and structural heart valves; but it seems like J&J MDD would rather continue to invest in a declining Spine market and focus on other ventures instead of meaningful innovation in most of its existing platforms.

Seems JnJ has been buying companies in Pharma and Consumer but no Devices in the last few months. Wonder if this is strategic :P lol

Bingo, was this even a secret? No real growth, all acquisitions virtually a failure (Synthes, Mentor, Acclarent, dare I say AMO?!). JnJ exited interventional cardiology but now want to play in stroke prevention and management. Look at CIA for Synthes and ASP. Look at the dwindling market share. Look at recalls. Look at robotics (or rather squint to see if you can make up anything, lol). Look at all the pending cases and class action, can anyone say mesh, hip implant. And really look at employee morale, this is by far the strongest indicator that things aren't where it's suppose to be.

No doubt the MDD sector has been a clown show. Could not agree more on the acquisition failures. Synthes has been a total disaster! The global device sector has a lot of growth opportunity, especially in robotics and structural heart valves; but it seems like J&J MDD would rather continue to invest in a declining Spine market and focus on other ventures instead of meaningful innovation in most of its existing platforms.

I am assuming they mean that JnJs device portfolio and the people running MDD are awful?

Bingo, was this even a secret? No real growth, all acquisitions virtually a failure (Synthes, Mentor, Acclarent, dare I say AMO?!). JnJ exited interventional cardiology but now want to play in stroke prevention and management. Look at CIA for Synthes and ASP. Look at the dwindling market share. Look at recalls. Look at robotics (or rather squint to see if you can make up anything, lol). Look at all the pending cases and class action, can anyone say mesh, hip implant. And really look at employee morale, this is by far the strongest indicator that things aren't where it's suppose to be.

Can you explain your reasoning because I completely disagree. While pharma has its bright spots, the entire industry is doing everything they can to destroy healthcare in America.

I am assuming they mean that JnJs device portfolio and the people running MDD are awful?

Well devices is just awful, both people and products!

Can you explain your reasoning because I completely disagree. While pharma has its bright spots, the entire industry is doing everything they can to destroy healthcare in America.

All you have to do is look at Joaquin Duato and Dr. Paul Stoffels resume to realize that JNJ's focus will continue to be in Pharma.

Well devices is just awful, both people and products!

All you have to do is look at Joaquin Duato and Dr. Paul Stoffels resume to realize that JNJ's focus will continue to be in Pharma.

Is this operation moving to Jabil? Considering that none of them do "hardware development"?!

Probably the hardware portions will be made by Jabil, & the software portions made by Google.

c-stats is feeding the AI at Verb with da Vinci data. Algorithms will show the best movements and safest pathway for most gen surg uro and gyn procedures. The fact is Verb is not a hardware company, nor is Ethicon experienced in robotics Early MD feedback is prototype is too far away from industry standard.

Is this operation moving to Jabil? Considering that none of them do "hardware development"?!

The Google and Ethicon robot are coming along swell, LOL.

c-stats is feeding the AI at Verb with da Vinci data. Algorithms will show the best movements and safest pathway for most gen surg uro and gyn procedures. The fact is Verb is not a hardware company, nor is Ethicon experienced in robotics Early MD feedback is prototype is too far away from industry standard.

The Google and Ethicon robot are coming along swell, LOL.

I laughed so hard, I puked just a little....... that team has been working for 4 years with no real deliverable

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.