J&J Layoffs

CSS doesn't fit into the long-term strategy of where J&J is going in terms of maintaining at least 4% growth. There will have to be more than just layoffs in order for J&J to fix what's broken here. BWI is a keeper for J&J, and BWI is already physically separate from the rest of CSS with their own buildings and campus in Irwindale & Israel. Mentor could easily be sold off or spun back off into an independent company as they were before 2009 since they have their own buildings and campuses in Texas and Netherlands. ASP, Sterilmed and Acclarent could be sold off to a private equity firm like Ortho Clinical Diagnostics was. In order to sell ASP, Sterilmed and Acclarent, they would need to cut headcount and outsource most manufacturing. A good chunk of Sterilmed's operations are outsourced to outside vendors or contractors, ASP's manufacturing is nearly all outsourced, and all of Acclarent's manufacturing is outsourced. With a few more layoffs here and there, the pieces are already in place for J&J to break up CSS.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

ethicon just dissolved the entire biopatch company last week. All nurses, sales reps, marketing, management, etc were let go. They are going to a distributor model which makes zero sense. Sterilmed also had layoffs last week and rumor has it there’s still more to come.

Around 60 people were affected by this layoff in Biopatch. Some were offered positions in other divisions but most were not. Their last day is at the end of the week. Happy Easter and may good fortune come to the credo and those who follow it.

ethicon just dissolved the entire biopatch company last week. All nurses, sales reps, marketing, management, etc were let go. They are going to a distributor model which makes zero sense. Sterilmed also had layoffs last week and rumor has it there’s still more to come.

Ethicon was just the first, more layoffs coming in the next two weeks to pharma, consumer, HMD.

The device companies CSS (minus Biosense) and Ortho are doing terrible and so is consumer. Thats why layoffs are being talked about.

How can there even be legitimate talk of layoffs when the company continues to raise the dividend for investors and the pharmaceutical business has never been better? At what point does the E-team sit back and say, hey, we are going to be loyal to our employees because the company is doing so well right now? I wish they had it in them to think that way.

The device companies CSS (minus Biosense) and Ortho are doing terrible and so is consumer. Thats why layoffs are being talked about.

How can there even be legitimate talk of layoffs when the company continues to raise the dividend for investors and the pharmaceutical business has never been better? At what point does the E-team sit back and say, hey, we are going to be loyal to our employees because the company is doing so well right now? I wish they had it in them to think that way.

There's been no layoffs in pharma as off August but historically they start falling at the end of the year. Any info to report?

I understand the code name for the next round of layoffs is: baby powder.

There's been no layoffs in pharma as off August but historically they start falling at the end of the year. Any info to report?

accl

I would be most worried about Gorsky selling off Consumer. If that doesn't happen, look for layoffs or restructuring in Oral Care or Baby Care. Beauty isn't doing great either but they are more protected because their percentage of overall sales in Consumer.

Consumer just bought Zarbees. Doubt Gorsky will sell it off. More likely they are going to acquire good brands to distance themselves from all the bad brands they currently own. I can also bet that there won't be a JNJ symbol on Zarbees products.

Can anyone shed light on the consumer product layoffs that are expected this summer? June and July '18 is the timeframe I've heard for layoffs and restructuring.

I would be most worried about Gorsky selling off Consumer. If that doesn't happen, look for layoffs or restructuring in Oral Care or Baby Care. Beauty isn't doing great either but they are more protected because their percentage of overall sales in Consumer.

Can anyone shed light on the consumer product layoffs that are expected this summer? June and July '18 is the timeframe I've heard for layoffs and restructuring.

Expect site consolodations.

The layoffs are always in July so they fly under the media radar.

Joaquin Duato has the answer.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.