Can TransEnterix dethrone Intuitive Surgical in the robotic surgery race?

A number of companies, including TransEnterix, are set to enter the robotic surgery market in the coming years. The market is projected to reach over $20 billion by 2024, but there's this little company named Intuitive Surgical waiting with history and a massive sales and marketing organization on its side.

Can TransEnterix overtake Intuitive Surgical in the robotic surgery race?

A number of companies, including TransEnterix, are set to enter the robotic surgery market in the coming years. The market is projected to reach over $20 billion by 2024, but there's this little company named Intuitive Surgical waiting with history and a

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

TransEnterix just announced a pathetic sales quarter, only selling 1 Senhance robot. To the OP, how can TransEnterix "Dethrone" us if they can't even selling a robot? They'll be closing their doors by December!

The doors won't close but they are definitely in trouble.

TransEnterix just announced a pathetic sales quarter, only selling 1 Senhance robot. To the OP, how can TransEnterix "Dethrone" us if they can't even selling a robot? They'll be closing their doors by December!

LOL look at this one...

Senhance is a 'a piece of junk'

There have been multiple reports of quality issues with Senhance from the doctors in Florida. Too much noise to be a fluke.

Can’t wait for Ethicon’s and MDT’s robots to come out. It will reduce the cost per procedure significantly compared to da Vinci.

Titan Medical will crush them all.

The idea that hospitals dislike Intuitive are incredibly overblown and it's not true. These rumors are started by ex employees who couldn't hack it.

Can’t wait for Ethicon’s and MDT’s robots to come out. It will reduce the cost per procedure significantly compared to da Vinci.

The idea that hospitals dislike Intuitive are incredibly overblown and it's not true. These rumors are started by ex employees who couldn't hack it.

LOL look at this one...

Senhance is a 'a piece of junk'

I used to work at Intuitive, and when I left, one of the customers I had a good relationship told me that he couldn't stand Intuitive Surgical and their attitude towards hospitals and the surgeons. He said he continued to use the da Vinci because there were no other option and he knew patients wanted a less invasive procedure. Basically he was forced to use a da Vinci.

I don't know if this robot from TransEnterix is the system to bring Intuitive down. I just know there are a lot of hospitals fed up with Intuitive Surgical's attitude and they will buy one of these for that reason.

This video shows how hard it is going to be for competitors to get traction against Intuitive.

Exactly what is happening. Intuitive had 51 placements last quarter. TransEnterix had how many? Maybe that one at Florida Hospital but that's a study site. Doubtful there's any revenue attached to it.

You TRXC stock pumpers are on our board now too?!? And we shipped 185 systems this past quarter. Chew on that for a bit.

The regional TransEnterix rep was in my territory recently and out of the 10 or so surgeons he met with, maybe one was interested enough to start the process with the hospital. Good luck with that.

Exactly what is happening. Intuitive had 51 placements last quarter. TransEnterix had how many? Maybe that one at Florida Hospital but that's a study site. Doubtful there's any revenue attached to it.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.