Intersect Get Acquired or Make Acquisitions?

I have a good source who has speculated that Intersect is interested in being acquired. The source claimed that management is burned out after being at the company for so long and the recent growth has been much harder to come by than they expected. Has anyone else heard talk about it?

Personally, I would have expected them to be on the lookout for companies to help their growth but maybe there aren't any quality players in ENT worth considering.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Anyone with half a brain left years ago.

3 years ago I couldn’t take it, hit my absolute limit... About a year and a half ago I quit and it’s been the best thing I’ve done for myself in a long time!

I won’t get into the ugly, but it’s surprising things have gone this well

Lisa,,,stop being selfish. Sell this place. It's seriously a joke now. We're tapped out.

Anyone with half a brain left years ago.

Lisa,,,stop being selfish. Sell this place. It's seriously a joke now. We're tapped out.

Already a done deal...waiting for the highest bidder.

This salesforce is soft. At this point, it's just a bunch of spoiled & entitled bottom feeders that are looking for an easy ride. Any top performers are gone or leaving. We are a victim of our own culture. Fun but too loose with no accountability. Lisa's "mandate" has turned us into a pharma company.

A Medtronic or Stryker aquisition would eat this salesforce for lunch. That said, my bet is they could sell a lot more product than we are able to right now.

A drug eluting balloon is a great case for IP and could be the chip that gets a company like Medtronic to make a bid. Medtronic's balloon is a joke and Intersect's product portfolio and pipeline would inject life into their struggling and boring ENT business. I'm not throwing you know what against the wall, I think this happens within the next 24 months.

Already a done deal...waiting for the highest bidder.

Would be interesting to know who is writing this because there are real talks going on between Medtronic and Intersect. 24 months is way too far out. More like by AAO this year.

I would hate for this to happen but if it did Stryker would be a better fit for us based on their recent purchases of Entellus and Spirox.

Internal changes happening inside the company. Expect some turn over in upper manamgement and people being pushed out the door in the next 6 months. Looks like they’re dressing this company up as an acquisition target.

As someone who works out in the field, I feel bad for those who are going to get hit inside

What internal changes do you mean?

Internal changes happening inside the company. Expect some turn over in upper manamgement and people being pushed out the door in the next 6 months. Looks like they’re dressing this company up as an acquisition target.

As someone who works out in the field, I feel bad for those who are going to get hit inside

A drug eluting balloon is a great case for IP and could be the chip that gets a company like Medtronic to make a bid. Medtronic's balloon is a joke and Intersect's product portfolio and pipeline would inject life into their struggling and boring ENT business. I'm not throwing you know what against the wall, I think this happens within the next 24 months.

Would be interesting to know who is writing this because there are real talks going on between Medtronic and Intersect. 24 months is way too far out. More like by AAO this year.

Likely because their current market for Propel, Sinuva, etc. is tapped out. They will have their work cut out for them competing against JNJ, MDT and SYK.

Why come out with a drug-filled balloon sinuplasty system if they want to sell the company?

Likely because their current market for Propel, Sinuva, etc. is tapped out. They will have their work cut out for them competing against JNJ, MDT and SYK.

Not surprising. Other rumors include huge comp cuts next year. Management realizes they’re paying reps way too much to babysit business and most of their top hunter reps have moved on.

Management has backfilled with culture hires that can’t find growth. Former Acclarent reps have long claimed overpenetration after their relationship network is exhausted.

At this point, Intersect could dump half their salesforce, cut comp for the other half and still achieve the same sales numbers.

Time to get profitable and sell this joint...

Why come out with a drug-filled balloon sinuplasty system if they want to sell the company?

Not surprising. Other rumors include huge comp cuts next year. Management realizes they’re paying reps way too much to babysit business and most of their top hunter reps have moved on.

Management has backfilled with culture hires that can’t find growth. Former Acclarent reps have long claimed overpenetration after their relationship network is exhausted.

At this point, Intersect could dump half their salesforce, cut comp for the other half and still achieve the same sales numbers.

ugh, I heard about comp changes too. By chance have you heard what the new at plan number will be?

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.