XENT Q2 revenue miss stock drop

Thoughts on the stock falling 17% today? I still think it's a good stock despite the revenue miss or am I wrong?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

If Sinuva is approved for a J code, it should be very strong growth starting in mid 2019, after they work through the insurance complexities. There is some uncertainty on this front with the VP of Reimbursement leaving the company, which I'm unsure why they left.

After reading the earnings transcript, I'm a little less bullish on the growth prospects of Propel as a large number of these cases are leaving the hospital and going to the office, as JNJ/Acclarent and Stryker/Entellus have changed this behavior, which is driven by physicians receiving both the facility and their own fee for performing case in the office.

If a competitor comes to market in the next 1 or 2 years and a J code isn't approved, this could be a stock idiling.

Lot of "if's" for a two product company.

Why exactly do you like Intersect? They have always been a one-trick pony that has relied on unsustainable growth from Propel. Then Sinuva was supposed to be the next great thing and come to find out they have only treated 325 patients? For real? If Sinuva doesn't perform, then 10% growth is not going to cut it because investors realize that Intersect is tied to one product.

If Sinuva is approved for a J code, it should be very strong growth starting in mid 2019, after they work through the insurance complexities. There is some uncertainty on this front with the VP of Reimbursement leaving the company, which I'm unsure why they left.

After reading the earnings transcript, I'm a little less bullish on the growth prospects of Propel as a large number of these cases are leaving the hospital and going to the office, as JNJ/Acclarent and Stryker/Entellus have changed this behavior, which is driven by physicians receiving both the facility and their own fee for performing case in the office.

If a competitor comes to market in the next 1 or 2 years and a J code isn't approved, this could be a stock idiling.

Why exactly do you like Intersect? They have always been a one-trick pony that has relied on unsustainable growth from Propel. Then Sinuva was supposed to be the next great thing and come to find out they have only treated 325 patients? For real? If Sinuva doesn't perform, then 10% growth is not going to cut it because investors realize that Intersect is tied to one product.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.