Market Access is the Problem

I read in another thread on this forum that Inspire was having more success in recent quarters and I want to agree up to a point.

Sales are better and we are hiring but market access is still our biggest barrier. Yes more payers are covering the procedure but the time and effort it takes to get the approval leaves many patients falling off. The patients do not want to deal with waiting 3 or 4 months and 3 levels of approval to get it done.

I've been around this problem before and ultimately a bigger company has to be the one to buy Inspire because they have the resources and political clout to fight these barriers. I am proud of the recent success though.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Just received a positive assessment from Blue Cross Blue Shield!!!

Tim and the team are doing a great job. Increased coverage has taken more time than many would like but things are improving. Now the sales team needs to execute!

“This positive assessment demonstrates the strength of the clinical evidence for Inspire therapy and is an important step forward in securing coverage from health insurance providers in the BCBS affiliate network,” Inspire Medical Systems CEO Tim Herbert said in a news release.

“This positive Evidence Street assessment for Inspire therapy will provide us with key support in our ongoing discussions with BCBS companies that relate to positive coverage decisions in the future,” Herbert said. “The positive review further validates the benefits of Inspire therapy, and we continue to believe that our growing body of clinical and real-world data will be the basis for additional coverage decisions by other major health plans, as well as provide support to centers in obtaining individual prior authorization approvals.”

Market access is the problem and that's sad! Inspire works and it needs to be covered more! There are success stories like this from all over the world.

Just received a positive assessment from Blue Cross Blue Shield!!!

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.