Eli Lilly Layoffs

HUGE LAYOFFS AT LILLY !! But are you surprised? I'm not at all. I guess just at the amount. 3500 people?? Are you kidding me? Fortunately some of those 3500 affected will be able to get early retirement.

Where else are the layoffs happening? Good luck to all.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Lilly pays $0 in taxes but lays off thousands of employees. Solid work.

From Fierce: Now, Eli Lilly says it's cutting 250 positions as part of a "modernization" effort at a plant in Fegersheim.

The cuts will come through a "voluntary exit plan" that Lilly will negotiate with local unions, a spokesperson said; they'll take place through the end of 2020. About 1,550 employees work at the site, which produces insulins and oncology drugs, and specializes in injectable pens, according to Lilly's corporate website in Europe.

Lilly announced plans to invest more than €100 million for new technology at the site, such as new capabilities in digitally connected products. That effort builds on a €300 million investment at the site in recent years.

Nothing like the early retirement Lilly offered to over 3,500 employees in 2017!

From Fierce: Now, Eli Lilly says it's cutting 250 positions as part of a "modernization" effort at a plant in Fegersheim.

The cuts will come through a "voluntary exit plan" that Lilly will negotiate with local unions, a spokesperson said; they'll take place through the end of 2020. About 1,550 employees work at the site, which produces insulins and oncology drugs, and specializes in injectable pens, according to Lilly's corporate website in Europe.

Lilly announced plans to invest more than €100 million for new technology at the site, such as new capabilities in digitally connected products. That effort builds on a €300 million investment at the site in recent years.

Is it true that they are getting ready to offer another VERP?

idk, but a couple of the others on my team have heard there's talk of another downsizing in the DBU, possibly Q1 or Q2 next year. Who do they usually target in these downsizing events? I've only been here 2 years.

Is it true that they are getting ready to offer another VERP?

We know of Bridgewater and from a rep perspective, Osteo reps are supposed to be hit the hardest. What other cuts are people hearing?

I think Osteoporosis is speculation at this point unless others have heard confirmation.

A terrible shame. 9% of the entire workforce was let go.

We know of Bridgewater and from a rep perspective, Osteo reps are supposed to be hit the hardest. What other cuts are people hearing?

Hey, but Lilly ends up saving $500 million with these cuts. Totally worth it!

A terrible shame. 9% of the entire workforce was let go.

Hey, but Lilly ends up saving $500 million with these cuts. Totally worth it!

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.