Corindus Vascular Robotics Acquisition, Maybe Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific got in on a private placement two years ago, maybe they are the company to acquire Corindus.

The company is crushing it, unlike other robotic upstarts like TransEnterix. I also don't think Boston has much, if any, of a robotics footprint. Both are based on Boston. The CorPath GRX would also be a good fit for Boston Scientific's sales organization as they have a solid cath lab footprint.

Only a matter of time imo. I would expect Boston sits back and observes how they are growing and potentially work up a deal in stages similar to what Medtronic did with Mazor. Either way, Corindus is gaining some great traction in the market.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Perhaps but in 2015, they had 34 systems installed (according to the their reports). In 2018, they are up to 52 units installed. That is 18 units over 3 years or approximately 1.25/quarter. They aren't flying off the shelves at that rate.

I'm not sure if growing from 9.7 million (2017) to 10.8 million (2018) in revenue would equal "crushing it".

When you compare Corindus to the other "upstarts" they are doing very well. At least they can get sales in the U.S unlike the aforementioned companies.

I'm not sure if growing from 9.7 million (2017) to 10.8 million (2018) in revenue would equal "crushing it".

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.