AxoGen a good company for a sales rep?

What insight can anyone provide on AxoGen? I've heard a number of mixed reviews with many saying Avance is a great product but the reps are underpaid and the company is in financial trouble. There is an opening in my area but I'm cautiously interested at this point. Anyone out there work there?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

New products coming first quarter of 2019. Exciting times.

Comp has been going down for a couple of years. There has also been significant movement in the org chart.

Here is good comp info from 2018 -

The current culture around AxoGen is back to being not high for us as reps. They just cut our commissions again this year and now we're making even less than we did last year. The average rep now is lucky to make 170 whereas I made 205 last year in a large city. SM gave us the usual line about cutting comp plans is something we all have to do for the betterment of the company yet his salary has increased every year. We received new codes for the nerve grafts but the codes are not even close to what the facility gets charged. On top of the cut to commissions there also was a substantial price increase on all products. This means in 2018 hospitals are paying more and with the new code are getting reimbursed less. Most people are not hitting their quota and everyone from managers to reps are starting to really feel the heat. There is definitely a sense of panic and worry across the sales force to the point where SM is personally calling reps begging for them to sell something so we don't miss our qtr. Theres also has been a swing on the Board with JG stepping down and KZ moving in. This move has a lot of people alarmed and worried about the stability of the company and what the future may hold. All in all its not a great time to be a rep/mngr at AxoGen with many beginning to look elsewhere for their future. Someone also asked about exec pay which I've added below. As you can see reps comp goes down and exec comp continues to grow. This doesn't even reflect the millions in overall awarded stocks for executives.

How many direct reps are there currently at Axogen versus distributorships?

Did you ever find out more about axogen? The company is growing quickly by sales but I would like to know what you learned.

Did you ever find out more about axogen? The company is growing quickly by sales but I would like to know what you learned.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.