Amarin EVAPORATE Study Results

When will the EVAPORATE study results be published?

A third study will evaluate the reduction of coronary plaque using Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl). This study, titled EVAPORATE ("Effect of Icosapent Ethyl on Progression of Coronary Atherosclerosis in Patients with Elevated Triglycerides [200-499 mg/dL] on Statin Therapy"), will be led by Matthew J. Budoff, M.D., Professor, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and program director of Cardiac CT at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

EVAPORATE will be the first study to use MDCT to evaluate the effects of icosapent ethyl on plaque characteristics in patients with persistent high triglyceride (TG) levels. MDCT, multidetector computed tomography, is an advanced technology for diagnostic imaging. The EVAPORATE study will be presented as a poster (abstract #143).

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Results are close to being presented. Like a kid on Christmas morning.

Will the results of EVAPORATE be included at AdCom or does the embargo take precedence?

This is a great indication of how AdCom will go as I believe the comment below is from someone who was one of the investigators on the EVAPORATE trial!

The comment was posted on the request for comments on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Notice: Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee

What a great endorsement for Vascepa. The AdCom committee would have to be crazy to not vote for expanded label based on this expert review.

Who is presenting the data?

This is a great indication of how AdCom will go as I believe the comment below is from someone who was one of the investigators on the EVAPORATE trial!

The comment was posted on the request for comments on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Notice: Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee

Great insight here from StockTwits:

$AMRN shall be a very interesting pre-market on Monday, Nov 18th. The EVAPORATE data shall be released before market opens. See attached! There seems to be a debate about a “limited” data release before the Adcom on Nov 14th. Some senior members of this board say “never”, that there is an AHA data embargo (true), and there is only one set of data which really matters in this trial. Others believe there shall be some kind of “limited” release of data before Nov 14th, even though it’s investigator-sponsored by Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, with the Intermountain Research and Medical Foundation as the collaborator. I am in the camp that says limited release - and my reasoning follows...

@Patience_is_the_key I would say a 60% chance of a press release with some information sometime between now and November 11th. So upcoming catalysts could be: 1. Evaporate press release. 2. Quarterly Earnings. 3. Adcom. 4. AHA. 5. Generic lawsuit settlement(s). 6. sNDA approval.

Who is presenting the data?

Great insight here from StockTwits:

$AMRN shall be a very interesting pre-market on Monday, Nov 18th. The EVAPORATE data shall be released before market opens. See attached! There seems to be a debate about a “limited” data release before the Adcom on Nov 14th. Some senior members of this board say “never”, that there is an AHA data embargo (true), and there is only one set of data which really matters in this trial. Others believe there shall be some kind of “limited” release of data before Nov 14th, even though it’s investigator-sponsored by Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, with the Intermountain Research and Medical Foundation as the collaborator. I am in the camp that says limited release - and my reasoning follows...

@Patience_is_the_key I would say a 60% chance of a press release with some information sometime between now and November 11th. So upcoming catalysts could be: 1. Evaporate press release. 2. Quarterly Earnings. 3. Adcom. 4. AHA. 5. Generic lawsuit settlement(s). 6. sNDA approval.

Rumor is the study was stopped because primary endpoint was met.

Also added to AHA Scientific Sessions.

Evaporate poster will be presented at what conference?

I googled the last sentence and it was pulled from a press release announcing the study. I bet the study outline was presented at a meeting back in 2017. I know a lot of the StockTwits community is hoping for the results to be released soon.

Any Amarin employees willing to weigh in?

https://investor.amarincorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amarin-announces-expanded-research-relationships-and-studies

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.