Amarin Commercial Expansion

With the expected Vascepa label expansion, will the company be able to support doubling the sales force from 400 to 800 sales reps? That's a lot of increase in operating expenses. OpEx could get scary?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

With 800 reps they will now be able to target 75,000 physicians. Cardiovascular label also allows them to talk to cardio docs. Also the direct to consumer ads will create more awareness with the TV commercials discussing the new label.

JT elaborated on this in the breakout at JPM -

On salesforce expansion: "I think there's still some question if 800 is the ideal number or not. It may be larger than that," Thero says. Adds it's possible for incremental expansion in 2020 if sales reps pay for themselves. H/T BioPharmaDive

With 800 reps they will now be able to target 75,000 physicians. Cardiovascular label also allows them to talk to cardio docs. Also the direct to consumer ads will create more awareness with the TV commercials discussing the new label.

Great observation on ST:

159 sales positions posted, but not 1 support, operations, accounting, acct receivable, distribution /supply chain, HR, R&D, or any other role. Lets just say 800 reps hit the ground running and it goes gangbusters, who is working in the company to support these sales? something isnt adding up. in my company there are probably 6:1 personnel in support/ops and front-line sales or account managing (me). AMRN seems to have the opposite.

Doesn't Amarin need more support people as well??

When they get bought for 45 they won’t need support personal. The acquiring company will have that taken care of!!

Those 800 reps better get to work and get my stock price back up. Off label is fine by me.

Great observation on ST:

159 sales positions posted, but not 1 support, operations, accounting, acct receivable, distribution /supply chain, HR, R&D, or any other role. Lets just say 800 reps hit the ground running and it goes gangbusters, who is working in the company to support these sales? something isnt adding up. in my company there are probably 6:1 personnel in support/ops and front-line sales or account managing (me). AMRN seems to have the opposite.

Doesn't Amarin need more support people as well??

Those 800 reps better get to work and get my stock price back up. Off label is fine by me.

The commercial expansion is going well and is on track. All reps are required to do a Skype role play call. This job is awesome. Nothing in the industry comes close to it, except the pay. It's really low.

It's true, reps have to do skype role plays at Amarin. Just when you thought this profession couldn't stoop any lower to treat people like ****! No time to meet the individual in person? Amarin pays their reps NOTHING and now this. I swear this industry gets more depressing every day.

Show Language

The commercial expansion is going well and is on track. All reps are required to do a Skype role play call. This job is awesome. Nothing in the industry comes close to it, except the pay. It's really low.

Big national commercial sales meeting in Dallas this weekend and all the sales reps are complaining that they have to work on the weekend without additional pay. Could a weak sales team hold Vascepa back, lol????

What's the latest on the expansion?

AdCom passed 16-0 so those 400 additional sales jobs can't be filled soon enough!!!!

Big national commercial sales meeting in Dallas this weekend and all the sales reps are complaining that they have to work on the weekend without additional pay. Could a weak sales team hold Vascepa back, lol????

There are currently 190 sales openings and it sounds like the hiring is progressing. A lot of investors take this movement as the company feeling good about expanded labeling and EVAPORATE trial results.

AdCom passed 16-0 so those 400 additional sales jobs can't be filled soon enough!!!!

164 sales openings for expansion.

There are currently 190 sales openings and it sounds like the hiring is progressing. A lot of investors take this movement as the company feeling good about expanded labeling and EVAPORATE trial results.

Can an Amarin employee or sales rep share the status of the commercial expansion which was supposed to double the amount of sales reps in the field?

Maybe it would be a lot easier to fill these positions if they were paying more than a 70k base.

Can an Amarin employee or sales rep share the status of the commercial expansion which was supposed to double the amount of sales reps in the field?

164 sales openings for expansion.

Don't listen to that person because hiring is well underway. The same guy is posting on cafepharma basically crying they wouldn't call him back. Bud, we didn't want you because you aren't Amarin material. This rocket ship is about to take off.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.