Allergan Careers

Don't get me wrong, I think Glassdoor is incredibly helpful but I do get suspect with many of the glowing reviews for several companies, one being Allergan. I am sure most of the reviews are totally legit but I also know there are HR departments at several companies who actively "encourage" employees to leave a review on Glassdoor. What employees are the ones who actually write the reviews? Those that are happy and want it known that they wrote a review.

Again, I'm sure most of Allergan's reviews are good. With that said, I was hoping to get a more realistic view of a career with Allergan and see if I could get some honest and direct feedback on the company.

Maybe the most important thing to know is how the AbbVie acquisition is going to affect Allergan or even how it already has started to affect the company and hiring? Have employees experienced layoffs or restructuring since the acquisition was announced. Has there been a culture shift so far? Benefit changes?

Lastly, is it best to find a position with Allergan on the Allergan careers page or is it best to go through a recruiter?

Any honest feedback on a career with Allergan would be incredibly helpful.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

I don't know how much you can trust these but I found a couple of quotes about Allergan from MedReps' site.

Allergan employees had the following to say about why they felt Allergan deserved the title of “Best Place to Work in Pharma”:

“Allergan- they truly take care of their employees. They look for culture fits as well so everyone gets along so well! Employee tenure is usually north of 5-7 years for most reps.”

“Allergan it’s a good people oriented company”

Other pharma sales professionals gave the following reasons for pursuing Allergan sales jobs:

“Quality work environment. Positive feedback from physicians regarding the company and products.”

“The benefits, the starting pay and payouts no matter the tenure in the company are very high.”

“Innovation and collaboration”

“The people who work there, the compensation, Business plan.”

“Brand recognition, therapeutic product lines”

Allergan Careers Medreps

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.