Post A Reply

Rate Stryker

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

Abbott CEO gives a great lesson in accountability

Abbott's Medical Device Business is Rolling

JNJ Medical Device Business Continues to Lag

Diabetes is a main ingredient in Medtronic's Value Based Healthcare Program

JNJ beats earnings on pharma sales, cuts full year forecast

Job Listings

The Changing Culture at Stryker

In the last 5-7 years, I have noticed a major shift in the hiring profile and culture at Stryker. The jokes of meatheads is still true but how much longer will it be accepted?

The days of juiced up jocks is slowly coming to an end with more women being hired. Personally I think it is a good thing so do not take this the wrong way. I'm just pointing out that it should not be hard to see how different sales meetings are now compared to 5 years ago. Look around at your NSM's.

The argument is this could only be my division but I don't think so. Stryker is on an acquisition spree and these companies bring in their people and HR at Stryker is hiring much different today.

Slam me all you want. I bet the meatheads will. It is true though.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Sales are great and so is the culture. I'm not sure where you are getting your info or opinions from.

Stryker is the best company I've ever worked for and I trust the judgment they are making on hiring decisions.

HR, Legal and the M&A team run the company. In that order. The salesforce, which is to say the customer, is less of a focus each year because the individual MD is losing their voice in the age of hospital consolidation.

Why? Knees, hips and spines are capitated, the bean counters are growing through operational efficiency and acquisition. Innovation is less and less realistic.

All that said, being a shareholder right now is great. However being a rep at Stryker gets less attractive every year. Great company to sell for when you are young. Almost no grey hairs in their salesforce or management teams.

I personally feel Stryker's best days are behind them, but man they were some great days.

The future of healthcare is in Silicon Valley, not Western Michigan.

Sales are great and so is the culture. I'm not sure where you are getting your info or opinions from.

HR, Legal and the M&A team run the company. In that order. The salesforce, which is to say the customer, is less of a focus each year because the individual MD is losing their voice in the age of hospital consolidation.

Why? Knees, hips and spines are capitated, the bean counters are growing through operational efficiency and acquisition. Innovation is less and less realistic.

All that said, being a shareholder right now is great. However being a rep at Stryker gets less attractive every year. Great company to sell for when you are young. Almost no grey hairs in their salesforce or management teams.

I personally feel Stryker's best days are behind them, but man they were some great days.

This.

Which is why real players have innovation and development offices in Silicon Valley. JNJ for one. Stryker is a great company but I wouldn't consider them on the leading edge of healthcare. Maybe that should change?

Incredibly true...

"Great company to sell for when you are young. Almost no grey hairs in their salesforce or management teams"

The same thing happened on my team. My manager was forced to pick his second choice. Read between the lines.

Are regionals really having to do this/deal with this?

I hate bringing this up because I do love Stryker. Great company, great reps, all the people are great. At the time of my promotion, the team I inherited was all guys. The team was top performing and always finished high in the rankings. Then one of the reps moved to another division as a manager so I had to fill his spot.

My manager was gently nudged by his boss and HR that our region needed more diversity. Basically, hire a female rep. Truth be told, I actually see their point. I think it is important to have people who can bring a variety of thoughts and ideas. A bunch of dudes at a meeting may not be as productive if you mix it up. However, I could not stand the way they did it. I basically had to turn down resumes that I may have interviewed otherwise.

The end of it all, I ended up choosing between and man and a woman who were very closely matched. It was a tough call either way. I ended up going with the woman because of the directive I was given. She is doing great. I sincerely wish it was done differently.

The same thing happened on my team. My manager was forced to pick his second choice. Read between the lines.

I hate bringing this up because I do love Stryker. Great company, great reps, all the people are great. At the time of my promotion, the team I inherited was all guys. The team was top performing and always finished high in the rankings. Then one of the reps moved to another division as a manager so I had to fill his spot.

My manager was gently nudged by his boss and HR that our region needed more diversity. Basically, hire a female rep. Truth be told, I actually see their point. I think it is important to have people who can bring a variety of thoughts and ideas. A bunch of dudes at a meeting may not be as productive if you mix it up. However, I could not stand the way they did it. I basically had to turn down resumes that I may have interviewed otherwise.

The end of it all, I ended up choosing between and man and a woman who were very closely matched. It was a tough call either way. I ended up going with the woman because of the directive I was given. She is doing great. I sincerely wish it was done differently.

It's always a treat when HR gets involved in the decision making process with hiring.

Nope. Lots of dudes left at Stryker. I just followed one out of the hospital. Same old bros.

The only people unhappy with Stryker are the ones who couldn't hack it. Sorry but true.

Or the people who are only here because Stryker acquired the company they work for. Most aren't culture fits.

Oh man you guys don't know Stryker! For those who think this is an opportunity to work for Stryker I will tell you that it will not be for most.

Unfortunately, they will chew the reps up and spit them out!

The only people unhappy with Stryker are the ones who couldn't hack it. Sorry but true.

Oh man you guys don't know Stryker! For those who think this is an opportunity to work for Stryker I will tell you that it will not be for most.

Unfortunately, they will chew the reps up and spit them out!

Too bad Stryker isn't about the gun show and leg day anymore but rather spray tans and tampons.

Chicks with dicks

The formula for success is simple. If you're making more money, you can afford more ****. If you do more ****, you have more energy to get **** done. If you get more **** done, you can continue to grow your business and commission checks. Do all that, and everyone will love you more, even your family

If your coming up short on time, just skip leg day. It's all about the gun show anyway.

Too bad Stryker isn't about the gun show and leg day anymore but rather spray tans and tampons.

Show Language

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.