Post A Reply

Rate Stryker

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

Titan Medical Updates Commercialization Progress and Q2 Results

TransEnterix Earnings SWOT Analysis

What You Missed on Medtechy This Week

Mazor Robotics Misses on Revenue But System Sales Remain Strong

New Report Shows Medical Sales Reps Need to Bring More Value in Physician Meetings

Job Listings

When will Stryker make an SCS Acquisition

It's no secret Stryker has been looking to get into the SCS market. When will they finally pull the trigger and get in? Or will they develop their own?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

I think you have your answer....Boston Scientific! What's the allure with them though? Weak sales team, meh products in SCS. Stim couldn't be the leading factor in a deal like this, no?

I found this on the Boston board. SCS/Stim seems like a big reason for the interest.

This is a note from Leerink:

WSJ reported that SYK had approached BSX with a takeover bid. While not confirmed, we took a stab at a rough-cut pro forma analysis - including a sensitivity analysis around % of deal paid for with debt and premium - to assess the financial viability of such a deal, and we also offer some quick thoughts on some potential strategic motivations. From a strategic perspective, the sources of sales and/or cost synergies are not immediately obvious; nevertheless, now that the idea of this transaction is out there, we can certainly begin to think about potential strategic value. These include: (1) Potential purchasing power which would presumably be related to "bigger is better"; (2) Within the Neuromodulation business, BSX would allow SYK to enhance its market positions in faster-growing Neuro segments, i.e. SCS (Spinal Cord Stimulation), where we believe SYK has expressed interest in the past; (3) There is some overlap within endoscopy, which SYK could leverage to build a deeper, broader presence within its own MedSurg business more broadly; and (4) Most obviously, this deal would place SYK into more call points throughout the hospital, which is the potential symbiosis as synergy concept. From a financial perspective, we can get to meaningful EPS accretion by year 3, albeit recognizing that a number of variables are at play. Admittedly, we use what we believe to be conservative synergy assumptions, meaning accretion could be sooner/higher, but we struggle to identify the immediate obvious sources of synergies.

Stryker more likely to buy non-stim pain solutions. Big existing spine and interventional sales forces, no existing implanted stim infrastructure to leverage.

I think you have your answer....Boston Scientific! What's the allure with them though? Weak sales team, meh products in SCS. Stim couldn't be the leading factor in a deal like this, no?

Stryker more likely to buy non-stim pain solutions. Big existing spine and interventional sales forces, no existing implanted stim infrastructure to leverage.

NeuroTech and Spine is the smallest business unit within Stryker so growing through one of the fastest growing medical device segments only makes sense. Pain/SCS makes a lot of sense.

Nuvectra would be a hit under Stryker ownership.

correct. Saluda will go to mdt if they go anywhere. Stryker will go with Nuvectra

You are correct unless some of the big boys are indirectly invested through the two venture capital funds that invested in the funding rounds. Those two are Action Potential Venture Capital and BioScience Managers Limited.

Isn't MDT pretty heavily invested into Saluda. Wouldn't they get first right or refusal?

correct. Saluda will go to mdt if they go anywhere. Stryker will go with Nuvectra

Saluda is practically a done deal. Plain and simple, it actually does what they claim it will do.

Isn't MDT pretty heavily invested into Saluda. Wouldn't they get first right or refusal?

Saluda is practically a done deal. Plain and simple, it actually does what they claim it will do.

Practically a done deal, huh....

count on it being SALUDA!!

Nuvectra is not a bad choice. Although the technology is "me too" it's still a viable product that from all accounts has produced pretty good outcomes. From a Stimwave standpoint, nobody is really sure what to think of this. A lot of rumors swirling in the wind about this company and not many positive rumors. Saluda may take too long to commercialize. So Nuvectra seems like the logical choice of the three...IM

Nope. Saluda is next. Stryker is on a spending spree and it isn't going to stop.

I seriously can't figure out if you all are being serious???

If Stryker is in fact going to jump in the SCS game and not develop their own product and salesforce, then they are going to acquire a company that has an FDA approved product with revenue. I guess Stimwave meets that criteria (kind of) but Stryker would probably steer clear based on all of the reasons listed in this thread.

Nevro would be too pricey and Nuvectra is good enough technology for Stryker to put their name on it.

So, why not Nuvectra?

Nuvectra is not a bad choice. Although the technology is "me too" it's still a viable product that from all accounts has produced pretty good outcomes. From a Stimwave standpoint, nobody is really sure what to think of this. A lot of rumors swirling in the wind about this company and not many positive rumors. Saluda may take too long to commercialize. So Nuvectra seems like the logical choice of the three...IM

I seriously can't figure out if you all are being serious???

If Stryker is in fact going to jump in the SCS game and not develop their own product and salesforce, then they are going to acquire a company that has an FDA approved product with revenue. I guess Stimwave meets that criteria (kind of) but Stryker would probably steer clear based on all of the reasons listed in this thread.

Nevro would be too pricey and Nuvectra is good enough technology for Stryker to put their name on it.

So, why not Nuvectra?

I hear Stimwave could be the target.

How long have you had bad hearing?

Count on saluda as Stryker's choice.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.