Post A Reply

Rate Medtronic

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Business Underperforms in Q3

Auris Health Announces Results from Study of Monarch Platform at CHEST 2018

The Medtechy Daily: October 15

Zimmer Biomet and Apple Launch Clinical Study for Patients Getting Knee and Hip Replacements

Corindus Vascular Robotics Publishes New Videos from TCT 2018

Job Listings

Medtronic RTG Layoffs

Rumors of layoffs in early 2018, spring timeframe.

Who else is hearing the same?

Timeframe?

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

June 2018

When Medtronic has a RIF, Reduction in Force of a specific team, is it unlikely the team will be rehired in another capacity in another BU? Sent 20 cover letters/resumes to jobs and have had one "obligatory" phone call. Is it policy that they don't rehire? Just trying to understand what's going on.

Why will there be layoffs in patient monitoring and diagnostics in Q1?

June 2018

100 percent correct. I just got laid off from GIS MITG in North Haven CT. We had to train our replacements who are working in the Philippines. Manager fired people for no reason so we didn't get a package.

if you were laid off because of outsourcing you should qualify for special benefits through your state, free education etc. File a petition before it's too late.

I disagree, there are tons of problems in RTG.

A breakdown of RTG should help clear that up:

1. Spine & Biologics (Sofamor Danek),
  2. Pelvic Health & Gastro
  3. Ear, Nose & Throat (Xomed)
  4. Pain Therapies
    1. Stimulation
    2. Targeted Drug Delivery (Drug Pump)
    3. Interventional
  5. Brain Therapies
    1. Enabling Technologies (Surgical Navigation)
    2. Neurosurgical Technologies (Advanced Energy, tissue ablation)
    3. CSF Management & Critical Care (Hydrocephalus, and Neuro-Critical Care)
    4. Brain Modulation
    5. Neurovascular

Spine being the biggest problem.

What position were you in? RTG is a $7.4 billion business for medtronic. I haven't heard of any problems that would justify layoffs in Restorative Therapies.

I disagree, there are tons of problems in RTG.

A breakdown of RTG should help clear that up:

1. Spine & Biologics (Sofamor Danek),
  2. Pelvic Health & Gastro
  3. Ear, Nose & Throat (Xomed)
  4. Pain Therapies
    1. Stimulation
    2. Targeted Drug Delivery (Drug Pump)
    3. Interventional
  5. Brain Therapies
    1. Enabling Technologies (Surgical Navigation)
    2. Neurosurgical Technologies (Advanced Energy, tissue ablation)
    3. CSF Management & Critical Care (Hydrocephalus, and Neuro-Critical Care)
    4. Brain Modulation
    5. Neurovascular

100 percent correct. I just got laid off from GIS MITG in North Haven CT. We had to train our replacements who are working in the Philippines. Manager fired people for no reason so we didn't get a package.

What position were you in? RTG is a $7.4 billion business for medtronic. I haven't heard of any problems that would justify layoffs in Restorative Therapies.

Terrible. So sorry. What role were you in that you had to train replacements in the Philippines? I would think if you were laid off to be replaced with cheaper labor then Medtronic had to give you a package....? Either way GIS is turning into a nightmare.

Divestiture or layoffs?

**No divestiture. Layoffs

And are we referring to RMS or CRDM?

***RMS is all I have heard. CRDM could be the safest in all of Medtronic.

thank you for the specifics here. not a surprise given the numbers in this division this year. assuming this will affect field sales (VPs managers reps clinicals) as a whole?

Show Language

Divestiture or layoffs? And are we referring to RMS or CRDM?

Divestiture or layoffs?

**No divestiture. Layoffs

And are we referring to RMS or CRDM?

***RMS is all I have heard. CRDM could be the safest in all of Medtronic.

Show Language

Soon. Shortly after the start of Q1

Divestiture or layoffs? And are we referring to RMS or CRDM?

Why will there be layoffs in patient monitoring and diagnostics in Q1?

Please share any other information you have heard or do hear. I cannot sleep at night because of these rumors and my other friends throughout the country have been feeling the same way for months. You don't have to name locations or names. We just want to know what could happen so we can plan. Thank you.

I've heard from a reliable source that Patient Monitoring and Diagnostics is first up on the chopping block..

Please share any other information you have heard or do hear. I cannot sleep at night because of these rumors and my other friends throughout the country have been feeling the same way for months. You don't have to name locations or names. We just want to know what could happen so we can plan. Thank you.

Around when they will have layoffs in patient and monitoring?

Ugh, and who? Sales, corporate, all?

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.