Post A Reply

Rate Intersect ENT

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

TransEnterix sells first Senhance Robotic System to Florida Hospital. Is SurgiBot up Next?

What was a Surgeon's First Impression of the Senhance Robotic System?

Will New Stent Study Negatively Impact Boston Scientific and Medtronic?

Intersect ENT's Sinus Implant Proves Effective, But Is It Too Expensive?

Don't Overlook This Major Difference Between Intuitive Surgical and TransEnterix

Job Listings

Note to Management: Reasons Many Are Leaving

As I looked on at many of the President's club winners at the NSM, I realized that I just can't take it for much longer. The fix is utterly and obviously in for many people.

The biggest problem many of us on the sales force have is that quotas are still based on quarter-to-quarter expectations, rather than reality. While a minority of reps continue to receive generous gifts of drastically low quotas, the majority suffers financially and becomes more and more disgruntled. This creates a lack of trust in management and reeks of ethics issues.

For example, a certain TM in a large state is routinely discussed in our region. This person (and many others in the company) are given quota gifts quarter after quarter after quarter. He gets paid handsomely, while several others in his region do poorly. To that end, in the midst of poorly calculated quotas, many reps are (incorrectly) perceived to be poor performers when in actuality they just have quotas that are literally outrageous and clearly not based on historical trends, geographic size, and/or accurate potential. So, the result is that one person is rewarded with big money while others are punished. Simply evening out quota would do a lot for many people, but it seems the management team is much more interested in rewarding the few and thereby directly creating an atmosphere of attrition for most others.

Has anyone ever noticed that no RM can tell us what the algorithm is for setting quota? I had a long talk with Danny T. before he left and he all but admitted that quota is pulled out of butts in the corporate head-shed. No one is taking the time to sit down and accurately analyze every territory to see what reality actually is at this point. The company is in a different place than we were when I started a few years ago. The problem is that no one in middle management has the ***** to stand up for the reps and keep good hires on board, which ultimately means keeping good relationships with customers over time. There is an obvious rush to make all territories "a $250k territory." It's no surprise that with attrition comes a loss of revenue. Not sure why the company continues to promote an atmosphere of attrition with the way in which quotas are created. They took the time to hire a lot of really good people, only to see them leave because they can't make money here.

Too bad, we hoped for more....

Signed,

Half (at least) of the sales team

Show Language

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Half of the sales team hasn't left since this post was written. Sorry you were unhappy.

This guy missed out on the Contour party.

Half of the sales team hasn't left since this post was written. Sorry you were unhappy.

Bets that this dude isn't here at this point...

and why would they be? Sales grew 24% last quarter but sales expenses were considerably down. Reps aren't getting paid what they used to but sales continue to grow. When will you sheep wake up and realize Intersect is turning into a pharma company?

Bets that this dude isn't here at this point...

Posted a year ago and nothing has changed. Make your money while you can.

Has the culture in the sales organization improved?

It's great!! Up Up and Away.

Signed,

Binney

Has the culture in the sales organization improved?

Whoever believed the line of bull that the company would have a bigger bag of products by now is living in naive city. I saw this coming two years ago when I left and look, basically no new products and because you're a public company Lisa and her team are making decisions for the stock and not the sales reps.

If you like the technology and people you work with then fine, stay. If you are looking to make real money again then you have to leave or get promoted. Even if you're a manager that seems boring and it's not like its that much money.

I am happy to say in the loudest voice possible - I TOLD YOU SO

Nothing has changed

Whoever believed the line of bull that the company would have a bigger bag of products by now is living in naive city. I saw this coming two years ago when I left and look, basically no new products and because you're a public company Lisa and her team are making decisions for the stock and not the sales reps.

If you like the technology and people you work with then fine, stay. If you are looking to make real money again then you have to leave or get promoted. Even if you're a manager that seems boring and it's not like its that much money.

I am happy to say in the loudest voice possible - I TOLD YOU SO

I can't figure out who you are talking about?

For example, a certain TM in a large state is routinely discussed in our region. This person (and many others in the company) are given quota gifts quarter after quarter after quarter. He gets paid handsomely, while several others in his region do poorly.

Settle down, Larry. Not you.

Wow, thoughtful post. I haven't seen much improvement from when the post was written. We still have the same pressure and through the roof growth expectations. I would understand more if we had a huge bag of products but we don't right now. What we need to understand is now that we're a public company the stock performance is driving everything. This craziness is not going to change.

I can't figure out who you are talking about?

For example, a certain TM in a large state is routinely discussed in our region. This person (and many others in the company) are given quota gifts quarter after quarter after quarter. He gets paid handsomely, while several others in his region do poorly.

This is surprising considering the stock has dropped 250% approximately in the last year.

This is a sham award, as anyone with half a brain knows Ernest and Yound holds these regional awards, with this being the Northern Cailfornia chapter event, to gain goodwill and get more business from companies. This is a brilliant strategy by EY.

This "award" reminds me of the "everyone gets a trophy culture". What an absolute joke this is considering the current share price. Also where did she get that outfit?

Can you consider Lisa an entrepreneur if she didn't have anything to do with starting the company?

Maybe less awards and more figuring out the business should be the focus from now on. The money train has dried up and unless we add more products to the bag the lack of commission won't change.

This is surprising considering the stock has dropped 250% approximately in the last year.

This is a sham award, as anyone with half a brain knows Ernest and Yound holds these regional awards, with this being the Northern Cailfornia chapter event, to gain goodwill and get more business from companies. This is a brilliant strategy by EY.

This "award" reminds me of the "everyone gets a trophy culture". What an absolute joke this is considering the current share price. Also where did she get that outfit?

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.