Post A Reply

Rate General

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

Introducing the Medtech[y] Medical Sales Job Board

Amazon looks to disrupt the game of healthcare

MiMedx CEO Gets Called Out By Short Seller at JPM Healthcare Conference

3 sales tips to get off to a fast start in 2018

The Top 10 Medtechy Articles From 2017

Job Listings

What are some creative ways to get in front of surgeons in the operating room?

The product I sell is not a "have to use" product in surgery and I am trying to expand the usage in my territory. Getting in front of surgeons has been the biggest challenge for me. Once I do get in front of a surgeon, the conversion rate is ok but not great.

What would be some ways to increase my conversion rate for a surgeon to use my product and some ways to get facetime with a surgeon while in the operating room?

I feel like I am struggling.

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

Some surgeons are nice and some are not very nice. Ask around and everyone will know the ones to steer clear of. If you're nice people will want to help you.

This is good advice. A lot of surgeons like to teach.

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I still find it hard to believe a surgeon would be fine with a random rep in their case. Are a lot of surgeons open to this or just some?

Some surgeons are nice and some are not very nice. Ask around and everyone will know the ones to steer clear of. If you're nice people will want to help you.

There is something to be said about loitering in cases. Honestly, you have to get in cases and be aggressive. Can you not be a **** about it like some of the Intuitive reps? Of course.

Get to know a circulator, or someone in the operating room, and ask them in a nice way if there is a way they can introduce you to one of the surgeons you need to get in front of. Let both of them know you won't try to sell them on anything and just want to see some cases and learn. Surgeons love teaching. I promise you that the surgeon will ask you about what you sell while you are in the case.

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I still find it hard to believe a surgeon would be fine with a random rep in their case. Are a lot of surgeons open to this or just some?

Show Language

Have you tried the Intuitive Surgical method of loitering in cases you have no business being in the room for? Seems to work pretty well for those guys....

There is something to be said about loitering in cases. Honestly, you have to get in cases and be aggressive. Can you not be a **** about it like some of the Intuitive reps? Of course.

Get to know a circulator, or someone in the operating room, and ask them in a nice way if there is a way they can introduce you to one of the surgeons you need to get in front of. Let both of them know you won't try to sell them on anything and just want to see some cases and learn. Surgeons love teaching. I promise you that the surgeon will ask you about what you sell while you are in the case.

Show Language

I like to sneak up behind them, put my hands over their eyes and play "guess who?". It's a great ice breaker!!

Dude, I just tried this and got thrown out of the hospital. Thanks for nothing.

Have you tried the Intuitive Surgical method of loitering in cases you have no business being in the room for? Seems to work pretty well for those guys....

They're the most entitled group of reps in the industry.

I like to sneak up behind them, put my hands over their eyes and play "guess who?". It's a great ice breaker!!

This is a great conversation. If you are interested, one of our most popular blog posts discussed the relationship between surgeons and medical sales reps. Maybe there are some tips in there you can use.

First thing to do is find out who covers the O.R. desk and make friends with them. You can call and then find out when your customer's cases are going to finish up and then work to meet them as they get out of a case.

The people at the or desk aren't going to help you sell your product.

First thing to do is find out who covers the O.R. desk and make friends with them. You can call and then find out when your customer's cases are going to finish up and then work to meet them as they get out of a case.

I think it would help to know how you are actually getting in front of surgeons and then some of the ways that haven't worked.

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.