Post A Reply

Rate Depuy Synthes

• Culture

• Compensation

• Opportunity for advancement

• Realistic plan attainment

Salaries

In our drive to help people in the medical sales industry we are gathering salary data. This information will be collated, analyzed and number crunched. Medtechy’s overall goal is to help the medical sales industry make more informed decisions when changing jobs and also keep employers and recruiters honest

Take 30 seconds and let us know your current deal.*

About The Position

Compensation

* We guarantee all data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used for the benefit of future visitors.

Hot Ticker Articles

TransEnterix sells first Senhance Robotic System to Florida Hospital. Is SurgiBot up Next?

What was a Surgeon's First Impression of the Senhance Robotic System?

Will New Stent Study Negatively Impact Boston Scientific and Medtronic?

Intersect ENT's Sinus Implant Proves Effective, But Is It Too Expensive?

Don't Overlook This Major Difference Between Intuitive Surgical and TransEnterix

Job Listings

Depuy Attune Tibial Loosening

How many need to be reported before the company takes action? Customers have noticed and even worse, competitors have noticed and are using it against us in the field. Wake up people!!

Post A Reply

Report this entire thread

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a thread a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the thread has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.

so you didn't answer either question. Did you find out if it was loose and what's implant did other person have.

Other person had Persona.

JNJ and Depuy are afraid of Attune going to trial because then they'll have to pay $247 million settlements.

Jury Returns $247M Verdict Against DePuy in Case Over Hip Implant Defect | Texas Lawyer

Johnson & Johnson got hit with a $247 million verdict on Thursday in the fourth bellwether trial over its hip implants. A federal jury in Dallas…

The first surgeon did a full work up but he was in denial. Of course he wasn't going to admit that a product he implanted was inadequate. It would end up making him look worse than Depuy, like he had improper technique or he's just a bad surgeon. This fear is why more stories aren't coming out and they are having to come out because of sales reps and patients. Not many surgeons have the ***** to tell a patient they put a faulty product in a patient.

so you didn't answer either question. Did you find out if it was loose and what's implant did other person have.

Show Language

The first surgeon did a full work up but he was in denial. Of course he wasn't going to admit that a product he implanted was inadequate. It would end up making him look worse than Depuy, like he had improper technique or he's just a bad surgeon. This fear is why more stories aren't coming out and they are having to come out because of sales reps and patients. Not many surgeons have the ***** to tell a patient they put a faulty product in a patient.

I just got out of a revision Persona case where the patient was having loosening of the tibial plate. Does this mean all Persona's have baseplate loosening? No! So why does Depuy get all the blame here when they happen with EVERY company's knees?

Show Language

what implant did the other person you know have? Have you found out if the tray is actually loose? Seems like the first surgeon did a full work up.

Show Language

I had my left knee replaced with the J&J Attune on 8/15/16 at age 61. This was after doing research online about the product and I found no serious issues being reported at that time. Everything was fine until it appeared to loosen during a golf swing in late February of 2017. My surgeon had assured me that I could not hurt it playing golf and I did not need to wear a knee brace. When I saw the surgeon after the event he said there is no way that it was loose, that he has never had the glue fail in the 10 years he had been doing replacements and that I have pulled a muscle or something else not related to the new knee. He does over 300 full replacements a year so I thought he knew what he was talking about. Over the next few months I continued to limp around from pain, couldn't comfortably walk vary far and became more convinced that it was loose. It gradually got worse until mid July when I had trouble walking on it without severe shin splints like pain and went back. The surgeon took x-rays and again told me that it was not the knee replacement. However, I started pushing him that it is not a muscle thing and that I can feel it move. He finally looked at the new x-rays and compared them to previous ones and agreed that it appeared to have displaced somewhat but it was probably just the angle of the x-ray. I continued to push him to test for infection and was there any other test for looseness. He did a blood test and sent me for a 3D bone scan. The blood test came back negative for infection but the bone scan came back that I have a stress fracture in my tibia. The surgeon called me with the results and told me to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks to let it heal but is still in denial about it being loose. Never got better and continues to gradually get worse. I finally went to another surgeon and he is convinced that it is loose. Why is everyone in denial? I have since found another person that had loosening within the first year and I know very few people that have had their knees replaced. Based on what I am reading now this is becoming an epidemic.

what implant did the other person you know have? Have you found out if the tray is actually loose? Seems like the first surgeon did a full work up.

I had my left knee replaced with the J&J Attune on 8/15/16 at age 61. This was after doing research online about the product and I found no serious issues being reported at that time. Everything was fine until it appeared to loosen during a golf swing in late February of 2017. My surgeon had assured me that I could not hurt it playing golf and I did not need to wear a knee brace. When I saw the surgeon after the event he said there is no way that it was loose, that he has never had the glue fail in the 10 years he had been doing replacements and that I have pulled a muscle or something else not related to the new knee. He does over 300 full replacements a year so I thought he knew what he was talking about. Over the next few months I continued to limp around from pain, couldn't comfortably walk vary far and became more convinced that it was loose. It gradually got worse until mid July when I had trouble walking on it without severe shin splints like pain and went back. The surgeon took x-rays and again told me that it was not the knee replacement. However, I started pushing him that it is not a muscle thing and that I can feel it move. He finally looked at the new x-rays and compared them to previous ones and agreed that it appeared to have displaced somewhat but it was probably just the angle of the x-ray. I continued to push him to test for infection and was there any other test for looseness. He did a blood test and sent me for a 3D bone scan. The blood test came back negative for infection but the bone scan came back that I have a stress fracture in my tibia. The surgeon called me with the results and told me to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks to let it heal but is still in denial about it being loose. Never got better and continues to gradually get worse. I finally went to another surgeon and he is convinced that it is loose. Why is everyone in denial? I have since found another person that had loosening within the first year and I know very few people that have had their knees replaced. Based on what I am reading now this is becoming an epidemic.

Safe to say you don't feel this way?

it is an epidemic because surgeons are more loyal to Depuy than their patients. Your surgeon is in denial because he is putting a lot of these knees in and doesn't want to accept the fact that he maybe hurting 100's of people.

yes, but not 1-2 years after implant and not so frequently.

This is the most important point of all.

oddly enough - have seen baseplates from all companies pull out cleanly

yes, but not 1-2 years after implant and not so frequently.

For one, it's the right thing to do but we all know J&J doesn't operate that way.

I'm with Stryker and I can honestly say I would never let a family member or someone I know get an Attune knee. Similar to other stories here, I've seen baseplates pulled out clean as a whistle. For Depuy to deny this like they have is mind boggling. It is infuriating.

Please do not take this as a competitive rep trashing another company's product. It is not like that at all. My customers use products from other companies. I get it and am fine with it. I will out work another rep so a majority of my customers use more of my products than a competitors. The line is drawn in the sand when these other companies make products that can hurt a patient. That is Attune in my book.

But their fix in the S plus makes everything better. Depuy must live in a different world than I do.

oddly enough - have seen baseplates from all companies pull out cleanly

What's the point now that the S+ is out?

For one, it's the right thing to do but we all know J&J doesn't operate that way.

I'm with Stryker and I can honestly say I would never let a family member or someone I know get an Attune knee. Similar to other stories here, I've seen baseplates pulled out clean as a whistle. For Depuy to deny this like they have is mind boggling. It is infuriating.

Please do not take this as a competitive rep trashing another company's product. It is not like that at all. My customers use products from other companies. I get it and am fine with it. I will out work another rep so a majority of my customers use more of my products than a competitors. The line is drawn in the sand when these other companies make products that can hurt a patient. That is Attune in my book.

But their fix in the S plus makes everything better. Depuy must live in a different world than I do.

Load More

Report this post

The reason we ask for your email address is to ensure the reporting feature is not abused. Once you report a post a confirmation email will be sent to you requiring that you did in fact mean to do this action. This also gives us a way to get in touch with you privately to discuss your reasoning if we feel the post has been reported without merit.

Your email address will never be used for any other reason and will never be sold to email marketers.

A reason is required.