Highest-paid CEOs in healthcare in 2018
Posted on May 31, 2019 by Medtech[y] Staff
The New York Times and Equilar published their 2018 ranking of highest-paid CEOs and thirty-two healthcare CEOs made the list. The list was built by referencing 200 CEOs from public companies with revenue of at least $1 billion.
The total compensation may include salary, bonuses, perks, stocks and options.
Here is the list of healthcare CEOs based on total compensation in 2018:
- Hologic, Stephen MacMillan — $42 million
- Align Technology, Joseph Hogan — $42 million
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Leonard Schleifer — $27 million
- Centene, Michael Neidorff — $26 million
- Universal Health Services, Alan Miller — $24 million
- Abbott Laboratories, Miles White — $23 million
- CVS Health, Larry Merlo — $22 million
- Merck, Kenneth Frazier — $21 million
- Abbvie, Richard Gonzalez — $21 million
- Johnson & Johnson, Alex Gorsky — $20 million
- HCA Healthcare, R. Milton Johnson — $20 million
- Pfizer, Ian Read — $20 million
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Giovanni Caforio — $19 million
- Cigna, David Cordani — $19 million
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Jeffrey Leiden — $19 million
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Marc Casper — $19 million
- Amgen, Robert Bradway — $19 million
- UnitedHealth Group, David Wichmann — $18 million
- DaVita, Kent Thiry — $17 million
- Gilead Sciences, John Milligan — $17 million
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Ludwig Hantson — $16 million
- Humana, Bruce Broussard — $16 million
- Celgene, Mark Alles — $16 million
- Biogen, Michel Vounatsos — $16 million
- United Therapeutics, Martine Rothblatt — $16 million
- IQVIA Holdings, Ari Bousbib — $16 million
- Eli Lilly, David Ricks — $16 million
- Baxter International, José Almeida — $16 million
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical, Jean-Jacques Bienaimé — $16 million
- Danaher, Thomas Joyce Jr. — $15 million
- Molina Healthcare, Joseph Zubretsky — $15 million
- Tenet Healthcare, Ron Rittenmeyer — $15 million
You can see the full ranking here.
Are you a recruiter or company looking to fill a Medical Sales opening, including the medical device or biotech industries? If so, checkout Medtechy Jobs and create a free employer account or a free candidate account. All of our jobs are strategically distributed to our diverse following of experienced and those new to the industry. Multi-pack jobs start at $100.
We are also excited to launch Medtechy Deals, our new store which sources deals on gadgets, everyday carry essentials and online courses for employees in the healthcare industry!
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for the latest medical technology news, medical device/biotech company intel and career opportunities. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.