What You Missed on Medtechy This Week
What'd you miss on Medtechy this week? There was a lot of news, a lot of sharing and a lot of new jobs posted.
You're busy and we know it. We respect the hustle.
Here's a quick breakdown of what you missed in the news, forums and job postings:
- Mazor Robotics Misses on Revenue But System Sales Remain Strong
- Mazor Robotics ($MZOR) shares have been under significant pressure after reporting a disappointing Q2 earnings report this past Thursday. At Wednesday's close, Mazor Robotics was trading at $63.43 and is currently trading at $52.00 on Friday afternoon.
- New Report Shows Medical Sales Reps Need to Bring More Value in Physician Meetings
- In the past, lavish dinners and expense accounts were part of the game in pharmaceutical sales and medical device sales.
- NuVasive Q2 Earnings Highlights
- “We are pleased with our second quarter total revenue growth of 8.5% year‐over‐year driven by momentum in our U.S. Spinal Hardware business where we saw spine case volumes up nearly 7% versus prior year."
- Nevro and Boston Scientific Agree to Terminate Patent Dispute
- Nevro ($NVRO) is up 7% in pre-market action after announcing that they and Boston Scientific have agree to terminate their patent dispute related to high-frequency spinal cord stimulation.
- Florida Hospital Surgeon Performs 1st-In-The-Nation Procedures With Senhance Surgical Robot
- In November 2017, TransEnterix announced the first U.S. sale of their Senhance robotic system to Florida Hospital.
Want to Contribute?
Have you ever wanted to write about healthcare, medical sales or your favorite robotic surgery company? Wait no longer. You can now become a content contributor for Medtechy.
Want to remain anonymous? No worries. Come up with a brand and submit your content to email@example.com or go to our fancy link where you can submit tips or content anonymously.
Learn more here: Become a Medtechy Contributor
Medical Sales Jobs of the Week
Are you looking for a job upgrade? Here are three new Spine sales rep jobs to consider. You can apply in the link, and no worries, you can hide your profile so you can keep your interest anonymous.
What'd you miss on the forums?
There's been a lot of great content this week on our forums, but with the recent release of the new Netflix documentary, The Bleeding Edge, threads and article pertaining to it have seen significant traffic.
Here is the most popular thread: The Bleeding Edge Documentary on Netflix
And here is an article we wrote about it from April of this year: Netflix Documentary takes on the medical device industry
Thank you all for having an interest in medtechy and our content.
We've made significant improvements on medtechy over the last year, including our front page news section and full-blown recruiting platform. It wouldn't be possible without our visitors and we want to thank you all for helping our site grow.
Those changes didn't come without a lot of debate and frustration.
Our forums started out a little rough, but we've made necessary changes in how content is moderated. In the past, it could be somewhat freewheeling but that led to content that wasn't productive. It became very counterproductive and probably turned some people away.
Well, that has changed. Our goal is to focus on promoting healthy debate for companies in the healthcare industry.
If you were turned off in the past, we apologize and thank you at the same time. You helped us get better.
Enjoy the weekend and enjoy medtechy. That's why we built it.