Mazor Robotics and Medtronic Gearing up for Mazor X Stealth Launch at NASS
Posted on August 29, 2018 by Medtech[y] Staff
September is going to be a big month for Mazor Robotics and Medtronic as they introduce their Mazor X Stealth Station at NASS in Los Angeles.
Six key points to know:
1. Medtronic's Restorative Therapy Group (RTG) had their best quarter in the division's eight year history thanks to continued strong demand for StealthStation S8 navigation systems, O-arm imaging systems, and Mazor X robotic guidance systems.
2. At NASS in September, Mazor and Medtronic are planning to introduce the Mazor X Stealth Edition, which is the first of a pipeline of joint and independent projects focused on procedures and advanced capability that would improve surgeons' experience and stage in outcomes.
3. Medtronic's Stealth navigation will come fully integrated with Mazor X, to become Mazor X Stealth Edition, integrating Medtronic's highly successful stealth navigation technology onto the Mazor X platform, enabling the system to track the position of compatible surgical tools or instruments in or on the patient's anatomy during surgery.
4. Mazor CEO,Ori Hadomi, on their technology partnership with Medtronic: Together with Medtronic, we branded the system, the Mazor X Stealth Edition, combining two best-in-class technologies and it will allow surgeons to perform 3D planning, robotic-guided execution and real-time Op verification of the planned surgical goals. I believe this triple-plan execute checks capability will provide unprecedented benefits and surgical predictability, making it the most advanced robotic system for spine procedures on the market.
5. Patient Benefits with Mazor X Stealth Edition: The integrated stealth technology will enhance user experience enabling real-time evaluation and the verification for the surgeon as well as reconciliation and checking of the surgical plan execution. The Mazor X Stealth Edition will also provide a robot-guided implant solution that eliminates the need for guide wires with Medtronic implants. Eliminating guide wires increase surgical efficiency, reduced cost and may enhance surgical safety. The best-in-class system will continue to be driven by end provisions with precision using the Mazor core engine in our proprietary robotics. The combined ability to plan, execute and check in real-time will provide unprecedented predictability and assurance.
6. With help from their partnership with Medtronic, Mazor Robotics has been able to place Mazor X in internationally-recognized hospitals and academic centers. While overall revenue declined last quarter, the number of robotic guidance systems sold in the first half of 2018 has increased 32%. The introductions of the Mazor X Stealth Edition should help continue sustained system growth and start to realize significant recurring revenue improvements.